One thing after another

anthony hill

Nov 12, 2008
Ok so it seems just as things get goin alright somthin elese happens! I have gotten into my car a few times lately and my throttle will stick any ideas y? theres no pattern to it it just happens when i get on it "sometimes" it did it with the stock throttle body and now with the new one so i dont think thats the problem! and idk where to go from here everytime it happens i just reach down and pull the throttle back any ideas?

thanks for the help again!!!

hill

• Sponsors (?)

sounds to me that you have a bind in your throttle cable or maybe the cable itself is breaking inside the housing? (don't know if that's the right word). If you unhook the cable from the tb and push down on the accelerator pedal.... does it move freely?

disconnect the throttle cable and see if you can feel a snag when you move it by hand. If the throttle body isn't the problem, the cable is really the only other culprit. Unless the pedal is snagging on the carpet or something.

Agreed with the above. WIth the cable disconnected, you can really check the throttle blade for sticking. Then run the cable back and forth in its sheath, feeling for binding or catching. Then check the carpet and/or mat under the gas pedal.

Anthony, I sympathize with you about it being one thing after another. And man, all I can say is that's the way it is with old cars. Hopefully, you can deal with each situation as it comes up so that there is never more than one issue wrong with the car. Dealing with one situation at a time is tedious work, but don't let the issues out run you, because dealing with several problems at once can feel overwhelming.

Unfortunately, the only way to get away from it is by purchasing a new reliable vehicle, which I am not willing to do. New cars are way too expensive and depreciate too fast.

Chris