OT - Election Day..

• Sponsors (?)

I am 20, and I am going to vote. Now...

[RANT] STFU and stop telling me to vote! If the youth of America is so lazy as to not get off their ass for a few minutes and punch a chad out of a paper, then so be it. I, for one, also think it is irresponsible to tell people to go out and vote just for the sake of voting. If someone is going to vote, they should do it because they want to. An ignorant voter is no better than a non-voter. (IMO) I am just glad I will hear the last of celebrities trying to easily persuade the stupid youth of America to vote for whomever they feel is the best candidate. Well, for another 4 years at least. :bang: [/RANT]

*This rant was not aimed at any one specific person.

I am sn95stangman, and I aprove this post.

sn95stangman said:
I am 20, and I am going to vote. Now...

[RANT] STFU and stop telling me to vote! If the youth of America is so lazy as to not get off their ass for a few minutes and punch a chad out of a paper, then so be it. I, for one, also think it is irresponsible to tell people to go out and vote just for the sake of voting. If someone is going to vote, they should do it because they want to. An ignorant voter is no better than a non-voter. (IMO) I am just glad I will hear the last of celebrities trying to easily persuade the stupid youth of America to vote for whomever they feel is the best candidate. Well, for another 4 years at least. :bang: [/RANT]

*This rant was not aimed at any one specific person.

I am sn95stangman, and I aprove this post.

I'm 20 too, and this will be my first year voting. I completely agree with you.. People are shoving the entire "Vote or Die" "You better vote, all these men died just so you can have the PRIVILEGE to vote!!" in our faces WAY too harshly.

I'd rather have people make an INFORMED vote and LESS of them, than UNINFORMED practically FORCED votes.

Everyone should check out the newest Southpark episode, it's pretty childish humor, but it really gets the point across about many of the younger people's feelings..

I am just glad the I don't live in a swing state. I am sure you guys are just getting bombarded with political ads and pre-recorded phone calls. I seriously can't remember the last time I saw an ad for either Bush or Kerry. We sure as hell have all kinds of ads for all the propositions on our ballot.

95CobraMike said:
did anyone here happen to see last week's southpark episode? i didnt, but i heard it was pretty funny...i guess they had an election in which you could either vote for "giant douche" or "turd sandwich" i have been trying to figure our which is which...but i am not sure.
anyway Bush has my vote... he is a moral man

They were placed the same way on the stage that they were during the debates. Kerry on the left ( facing the screen) ( the giant douche) Bush on the right ( A turd sandwhich) Kinda funny how Kerry is being accused of being " To the Left" while Bush is considered to be " To the Right" and thats how they were placed during the debates.

Joes95GT said:
Oh yeah.... I did forget to mention....

Joe and Rob, you guys can't vote. No Floridians. They can't count. :D

Joe

:lol: :rlaugh:
I want to vote, but by the time my polls close, most of the state's results are already in, and they just "give away" the results before we can vote. Anyway, my state is SO left-sided, my ONE SINGLE vote either way wont matter, but I'll still go to excersice my right!

lietuvis91 said:
hey numbles, in that case this thread should have never been started in the first place

if you go back and re-read the first post, this thread was actually started to remind all of us to vote... :shrug:
arguing over politics is a waste of time...people are going to vote the way they find most suitable, and nothing that any of us say can change that...the only things that can change the way people are going to vote, are the canidates' actions...it all depends on how you agree with what they do/promise to do. no ammount of bickering can change someones views

Go USA :flag:
(....Bush too) :D

MysteryStanger! said:
:lol: :rlaugh:
I want to vote, but by the time my polls close, most of the state's results are already in, and they just "give away" the results before we can vote. Anyway, my state is SO left-sided, my ONE SINGLE vote either way wont matter, but I'll still go to excersice my right!

Yes, because I live in California, and everyone knows I'm the mystery stanger. :nice:

Eddie and others - I understand where you're coming from, although I do disagree. If you don't like the candidates, then vote for which ever you dislike more. You also can't look at the present, you have to look at the future. When you get out of college and look for a job, the winner of the 2004 election will be president and that has the potential of affecting whether or not jobs will be available or tax rates for your specific tax bracket. It may seem irrelevant now, and I know my reasons are the best examples, but I don't agree with anyone sitting on the sidelines.

I know I started a touchy subject (politics) and I'm really not a political person. I think I've watched a total of 20 minutes CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc. this entire year. Like I said previously, I just don't like seeing people sit on the sidelines during a national event. Not voting on election day is like not partying on the 4th of July.

Joe

Joes95GT said:
Eddie and others - I understand where you're coming from, although I do disagree. If you don't like the candidates, then vote for which ever you dislike more. You also can't look at the present, you have to look at the future. When you get out of college and look for a job, the winner of the 2004 election will be president and that has the potential of affecting whether or not jobs will be available or tax rates for your specific tax bracket. It may seem irrelevant now, and I know my reasons are the best examples, but I don't agree with anyone sitting on the sidelines.

I know I started a touchy subject (politics) and I'm really not a political person. I think I've watched a total of 20 minutes CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc. this entire year. Like I said previously, I just don't like seeing people sit on the sidelines during a national event. Not voting on election day is like not partying on the 4th of July.

Joe

Unless you vote a republican ticket in Massachusetts. About as useless as tits on a bull.

With that said, I'm still goin home for a bit on principle alone, and a home cooked meal!

Numbles said:
Eat me. :D
IBTL :lock:

DAMN, dude!@! What's up your a** ? All I'm saying is that's a provocative thread, and if you REALY wanna avoid sht talkers then you shouldn't start this topic at all. And how about you let me know when the first time someone tells you "oh, I FORGOT to vote"! Everyone's talking about it, you must live in a cave if you don't know today's election day!
... oh yeah - GO KERRY :flag: !!!

lietuvis91 said:
All I'm saying is that's a provocative thread, and if you REALY wanna avoid sht talkers then you shouldn't start this topic at all.

NEED I SAY IT AGAIN ? the purpose of this thread was merely to remind everyone to go vote...RE-READ the first post.... :nonono:

I'll just reiterate, EVERY VOTE COUNTS.

Even if you're a Republican in Massachussetts, or a Democrat in Oklahoma.

Vote counts can influence public perception and policy in strange and indirect ways. For example, if Future President wins the election, but not a majority of the votes, is Future President in a stronger or weaker position to enact his policies than Hypothetical Future President who did win a majority?

If Future President wins the election through the electoral college, but his challenger actually garners more direct votes, is he in a stronger or weaker position?

Go out and vote.