P.I. Intake opinion

• Sponsors (?)

cost? well cheap

edbo said:
I have a question regarding this. The plates are for just attaching a PI manifold to the current '96-'98 4.6 motors without changing heads for approx 20-35 HP gains. For those of you that have done PI mods (Both Intake and Intake/Heads), what is the average cost for these mods and what are your experiences in the changes in the mods. I also noticed that the head raise the compression to 10:1 so I am sure higher octane gas would be required, so what would minimum octane be to run the full setup? Appreciate any posts regarding these mods.

I paid $300 for low milage heads and cams on ebay. $88 for intake and gaskets. 10.25:1 before removal of swirl brows. if you have to run high compression you might as well mill heads .025" for about a half point more. i do all of my own work.

billfisher said:
before i bought heads i used pi intake with pi gaskets no plates were used. excellent results. your money.

i had a set of those plates from MR Jones and they were quality made. I found a set of PI heads cheap and did the full swap so i didn;t use them and sold them locally. But for ONLY 100 dOLLARS it was a cheap peice of mind that i wouldn't have to worry about the RTV failing. and if someone can't afford 100 dollars then they shouldn't be modding there cars until they they have more money.