Passenger Airbag Light

Well the other night I was driving home and I noticed the passenger airbag light was on. Later I stopped, came back a couple hours later, and it was still on. Totally weird.

Haven't checked it since Sunday because I haven't driven it all week, but I'll check tomorrow when I drive it again. Probably just the sensor I would guess, I seriously doubt the airbag is screwed after 5 weeks, but who knows. Guess I'll be going in to the dealer.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='01SilverBullet]Well the other night I was driving home and I noticed the passenger airbag light was on. Later I stopped, came back a couple hours later, and it was still on. Totally weird.

Haven't checked it since Sunday because I haven't driven it all week, but I'll check tomorrow when I drive it again. Probably just the sensor I would guess, I seriously doubt the airbag is screwed after 5 weeks, but who knows. Guess I'll be going in to the dealer.

Anyone else ever have this problem?[/QUOTE]

Stupid question, but do you have something sitting in your passenger seat?

The light will come on if there is a small (not sure how much exactly) amount of weight in the seat. If there is no weight, or a lot of weight (an adult), the airbag should be enabled and you shouldn't see the light.

You know what it's not a stupid question now that I think about it.

I was just at band practice that night. So in addition to having my amp in the trunk and my guitars, I had my pedals, cords, other electronic stuff in my duffle on the passenger seat. Along with another backpack of clothes, etc. And all that stuff adds a considerable amount of weight, but not quite enough to be a person.

I never even thought about it, but how stupid is it that that light comes on when something is on the freaking seat. What's funny is I don't think anyone has really sat in the passenger seat of my car for more than a few minutes, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first time I've noticed it.

I'll look tomorrow when I drive it with nothing in it. Who woulda thunk it.

Actually now that I think about it it's not that stupid if you have a small child up front who could be killed by the airbag.

[QUOTE='01SilverBullet]I never even thought about it, but how stupid is it that that light comes on when something is on the freaking seat. What's funny is I don't think anyone has really sat in the passenger seat of my car for more than a few minutes, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first time I've noticed it.

I'll look tomorrow when I drive it with nothing in it. Who woulda thunk it.[/QUOTE]

It does that because the amount of weight resembles that of a child who can be injured by an airbag

05PhillyStang said:
It does that because the amount of weight resembles that of a child who can be injured by an airbag

Yep I just thought of that, it makes sense. Thanks guys. Although a small child shouldn't really be in front anyway I thought. Well I am sure by the time my daughter is big enough to ride in front I am pretty sure I won't have the car in 12 years. :)

umm.. i also had that light come on and it turned out to be a faulty sensor underneath the passanger seat.. i'd say go take it to the dealer and have it replaced.. Sh@t, it is under warrenty...