pics of some car drawings i made

• Sponsors (?)

All these pics are great. Some real talented guys on this site. Id like to see some of the cars of the members here who have really sweet foxes done. And a black 03 cobra with hre wheels would be pretty sweet too lol

It sucks drawing is usually a wasted talent. Most jobs out there have nothing to do with drawing, and most good drawers will probably go without ever being known!

Computer rendering has taken over man. In high school i was so damn good at drafting on paper that my teacher wanted to get me into CAD....but i say look man that's not drafting that's working with computers...it's completely different. I used to want to be a cartoon animator but that went to computers as well, so i just do my own little pieces about once a year and that keeps me happy. It is a wasted talent though.

LOL, i found some old stuff i had on an old screen name on Yahoo. Nothing ground breaking.

Ok so Yahoo sucks....i'll have to upload'em

First two, a couple kanji pieces. The first is in pencil on plain paper, the second is acrylic paint on a strip of cardboard.

(more on down the page)

attachment.php

attachment.php

heres something i threw together last night because i was bored. imo, i could have gone a lot further with it, but my favorite part is drawing the drivetrain, ie motor, blower susp...etc, lol so after that i feel no need to complete the rest
Picture018.jpg
[/IMG]

heres something i threw together last night because i was bored. imo, i could have gone a lot further with it, but my favorite part is drawing the drivetrain, ie motor, blower susp...etc, lol so after that i feel no need to complete the rest
Picture018.jpg
[/IMG]

The way you did the front wheels kinda makes it look like it's front wheel drive....i would have done the front wheels kinda normal and made the back wheels look like they're pawing the pavement....ya know?

The way you did the front wheels kinda makes it look like it's front wheel drive....i would have done the front wheels kinda normal and made the back wheels look like they're pawing the pavement....ya know?

i was going for the "comin out of the hole gasser" look. but like i said, after i finished the motor and headers i kinda said screw it for the rest of the car. other wise the back tires would have gotten some wrinkelege and tire smoke.

Those look badass, I have never really tried stuff like that, short of the shading and such. I usually stick with houses, cars, boats, etc... but should probably broaden my horizens...

I am actually going to try and get a job locally drawing interiors for custom homes and mansions. It would be pretty fun doing something like that, I think!

I've always been horrible at realism type art unless it's with modeling clay. I suck ass at still life, and i never could draw cars "right". My early teens were nothing but skulls and death and basically metal band album covers... LOL. I switched to tattoo style art (if you can call it that) when i got interested in tattoos. Some of the best artists in the world are tattoo artists. The stuff i do is literally childs play compared to what the guy who does my tattoos does.

You should give painting a try....it's a whole different world. I'd say my dominant medium is colored pencil but painting is really cool. I prefer acrylics because they're really forgiving. Water color is awesome but it's tricky to get good at...but once you've got it down it's actually really easy to make really nice pieces. Oil paints...i never tried, but i hear they're a nightmare to get good at, but are truly a master's medium.