Plainfield CT Track ?

• Sponsors (?)

They had to break the meeting in to two groups so it was a little rushed but I heard Mr Arganese himself state it is a domed oval with a 1/4 mile dragstrip thru the middle.

This is the next important step

2. Attend the BIG MEETING of the Planning and Zoning at 7 pm on September 23rd at Town Hall in Plainfield. Please speak out in support of the zone change. Keep your comments limited to the zone change request – that it will increase revenue and jobs to the region, etc.

I would ask that if people in favor of a dragstrip attend to please do not wear out the " it will stop street racing " angle. I strongly beleive this approach will not sway anyone opposed or undecided. I feel the right argument is the positive financial impact on the host community.

BTW, it is 17 miles by road from my house :nice:

Hopefully it will go through. A couple of dragstrips were proposed in RI but voted down by townspeople. Then the compain about street racing. Its going to take one of their kids to get killed street racing to finnaly wake up. There was a very bad street racing accident this summer in my town. A 16 year old kid taged a telephone pole at 130mph killing him instantly. All the townspeople were in shock and wondered why people street race. Its like well you give them no choice because the closest place thay can race legally is over 120 miles away. So you leave people no choice but to race on the public roads at insane speeds. :shrug:

As I've stated previously, arguing that this is the end all to street racing is not the argument to make. It may be a sidebar but the positive social/economic impact to the area is the point to make. Believe me I've been to enough meetings and the street racing angle falls on deaf ears or just agitates anyone opposed. I remember one response " just arrest em ".
There was another moron at a NK meeting who stated " I drive 100 mph through residential neighborhoods. I need somewhere to race " I wanted to slap the idiot and was thinking if you're that dimwitted I don't want you at the track.

As for the proposal to hold races at Quonset point, it actually had all the permits and local backing but was put on hold for security reasons due to the air guard base there. Thanks terrorists :mad:

Street ET said:
As I've stated previously, arguing that this is the end all to street racing is not the argument to make. It may be a sidebar but the positive social/economic impact to the area is the point to make. Believe me I've been to enough meetings and the street racing angle falls on deaf ears or just agitates anyone opposed. I remember one response " just arrest em ".
There was another moron at a NK meeting who stated " I drive 100 mph through residential neighborhoods. I need somewhere to race " I wanted to slap the idiot and was thinking if you're that dimwitted I don't want you at the track.

As for the proposal to hold races at Quonset point, it actually had all the permits and local backing but was put on hold for security reasons due to the air guard base there. Thanks terrorists :mad:

I understand what you are saying but if a councilmen's kid got kid killed street racing they might change there stance on voting against the track.And I honestly feel thats what it will take to get enough votes to put one in.people always complain about noise and the supposed "bad crowd" it brings in.Even existing tracks are having problems with noise. Funny thing is people know there moving near a race track then complain about the noise. They should'nt of moved there then!!The same thing about people move next to a airport then complain to the town about the noise.Its like you knew the house was next to a airport and thats why you got your house so cheap moron. :shrug:
A track wont end street racing completely but alot more people will take there car to the track if there one was a little closer.
No matter what laws they pass such a arrest,loss of liscence, or even take their car people will street race.Even more if there is'nt a track within a reasonable distance.
They tried putting a track in Providence and another place in RI besides quonsett point and both times the towns people said it would be to noisy and it would bring in a bad crowd.

Got Email From New England Dragway

To All our New England Raceway Supporters:

Make sure that you arrive early at the Plainfeld Town Hall for the Public Hearing on Thursday. Seating will be limited due to the large number of people attending. We suggest that you get to Town Hall by quarter of 7. Look forward to seeing you all there! :nice:

I will be there !!! Anyone want to meet up ? Post here or email me :spot: [email protected]

After attending the meeting I don't think this will go anywhere. The developer presented no real proposal only ideas. The dozen or so people who spoke in favor appeared to be Nascar nuts and gave brief speeches. The opponents came prepared with written speeches and opposed speakers appeared to outnumber supporters.

There where only a few opponents that where not very prepared or professional, one young girl who stated this would bring violence and destruction to Plainfield. I didn't know it included a hockey arena LOL, a hispanic man that wouldn't shut up and the council had to shut of the microphone :rlaugh: and a fat guy in a maroon shirt that I thought was going to pop a blood vessel.

I was not at all impressed with the developer presentation. When Al Smyth proposed a stand alone dragway at Quonset Point RI he had detailed plans, spent time explaining it to the community and supporters outnumbered opponents 10 to 1.

I will not bother following this Plainfield proposal any further. I'll stick with my original plan to move to Epping NH when the kids finish school.

The meeting was very upsetting when only a handful of supporters got up and spoke for the track and bus load of people had tpyed out pages of facts of why they should dump the idea. :shrug: I really think the town does need the dome are no matter what they want in there. The town needs more life.We will see. I will try to keep you updated on dates and times.

Hey stangman 50 , Where abouts do you live ? Do you have a new yellow stang in the driveway. Just wondering.

storm stang i live the street in front of u, i have a 91 lx i have weld draglites on now but will have my cobras on tommrow it says dez racing on my front window, there is alos a guy who moved up the street from me and u who has a fox supposedly with a 408 or a 426 stroker in it im not to sure it sounds kind of quite???