Please help locate

cdicosimo

Mar 25, 2006
I am trying to locate my late fathers Mustang. I am just trying my luck here because I have little information regarding the car. I was only 6 years old when he owned it, from what I remember, it was a 71-73 coupe, chocolate brown and a very distinctive gold pin strip pattern. I also remember 5 window mags on the back. I know I sound like a real wing nut, but this is all I have to go on. I have tried our ministry of transportation and they turn up no info (like a vin#). The car may still be in Ontario or not- I don't know.
Thank you very much for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

get as many facts as you can together.
couple of questions for you that might help us , help you
1) how old are yoou now?
2) what year did he own it?
3) how old would your father be today?

Few suggestions;
1) do you have any pictures of it? look threw family scrap books, and call your relitives, someone may have accidently caught it in the background of a picture.
2) quiz your mother she may have something burried in the back of her mind about it that may help.
3) check the local mustang clubs, if it didn't get wrecked it may be in somebodies back yard.
4) I don't know much about Canada, is there a MAJOR auto insurance company that may have records of it?
5) did your father have ONE insureance man that he dealt with?
6) see if you can find any of your fathers friends, they may remember something.
7) how was your father with record keeping? is there a place you can look for a tax bill or repair bills on it?
8) do you remember the car he had right after it? you may find where he traded it in, or the car before it for that matter
9) did he buy it new? if so the local dealer may have a record.

I have one. It's a 72 coupe grande, brown with vinyl roof, pin-stripes (of a color that can no longer be distinguished), 302 C4, gold interior. It's one of my parts cars so you'll have to look beyond the red parts I swapped. The odds of it being the one you're looking for are pretty slim. Here's a link: My Parts Cars

I am 32 now and he owned it in 1980. My father would be 70 today. The cars I recall him having were after him and my mom split up, so finding them in family pictures isn't likely. However, I have been digging for pictures at all my family's homes pretty much, because the ministry said to find out what one of his lic plates were and it may give us a start. I haven't found a local (toronto) club yet but I'm researching. I have tried a couple of big insurance companies and they say they have no record that far back. My father was a bodyman and had flipped cars frequently so he never delt with a dealer (to my knowledge). This is all a needle in a hay stack, but I'm not giving up yet.
Thank you VERY much for your reply.
Chuck

cdicosimo said:
I am 32 now and he owned it in 1980. My father would be 70 today. The cars I recall him having were after him and my mom split up, so finding them in family pictures isn't likely. However, I have been digging for pictures at all my family's homes pretty much, because the ministry said to find out what one of his lic plates were and it may give us a start. I haven't found a local (toronto) club yet but I'm researching. I have tried a couple of big insurance companies and they say they have no record that far back. My father was a bodyman and had flipped cars frequently so he never delt with a dealer (to my knowledge). This is all a needle in a hay stack, but I'm not giving up yet.
Thank you VERY much for your reply.
Chuck

Well if he was a body guy in 1980 there are still alot of his buddies around town in the auto repair business. I've been in the bus. for 30 years and I know just about every other mechanic in town one way or another. And if he was turning cars over one of hte other mechanics or body men may haqve ended up with it. Stop by some local shops and look for the Old Guys.