PLEASE NEED HELP ASAP!!!!

rei-04

Sep 20, 2004
TX
Ok I bought this 93 5.0 about a month ago. The car was running pretty good and fast, but I noticed he had a mass air meter calibrated for 24# injects, but only 19# injectors in. So I took off the upper manifold and put in my 24# injectors in that I had sitting in my garage for about 2 years. Anyways I bolted everything back up and even cleaned the egr and IAC with intake cleaner. I started it up it idles about 900 rpms, but at least it is constant.

so I hop in and go take a test drive and hardly any power what so ever, I go to step on it and it is sooo slow, It almost feels like compression lost, but I checked my compression before I put in the 24# injects and everything checked out fine and I know its not the gasket on the upper intake either, I put that on really good.

Could some of my injectors be bad? My fuel pressure guage is at 41 psi (vac off). This sucks, any know if this could be my injectors?

• Sponsors (?)

Your mass air sensor may not be plugged in all the way. In mine i staggard the contacts alittle to get better contact. It worked much better. Either that or unmetered air is getting into the TB somehow. That is what it sounds like to me because the car idles fine and the car goes into a default idle mode when the MAF is not giving a correct/ or any voltage at all.

thanks for the quick reply. I will work on my mass air meter then.

also on my last 5.0 (94), I had a pro-m 80 air intake with mass air meter and I had a sensor that ran into the air intake tube right before the throttle body.

This mustang does not have that meter on in the tube, it is the stock tube. Not sure where the sensor is at on this one. Is this why I am having problems, or is the sensor on a 93 located in some chip form or somewhere else?