Power Loss During Acceleratiom

0h1saleen

Jul 22, 2015
Hello everyone, I recently bought a 2001 Saleen sc281 and am having an issue. The issue I am having is that after the car is driven for awhile it will start to randomly lose power (feels like a hard miss, tachs fluctuate, amd seems like car is losing actual power as even the ac blows warm then goes back toncold) during acceleration. It seems to happen the most in 2nd and 3rd,or as you give it more gas from cruising, as you are accelerating then it kicks itself back and is normal again. The only thing I had done to the vehicle prior was remove the Mach 460 amps, upgrade the factory stereo and replace the ac compressor. May be a coincidence but it didn't seem to start doing this until I had the compressor replaces but that may just be coincidence. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Here is a recent thread that IMO may have a similar root cause.

theft light flashing no start sometimes

That is don't ignore the role that a charging system problem might play in this.

Do the dummy stuff first. Coil Voltages, clean fuel and or fuel filter replaced, fuel pressure, etc. Also proper charging with battery / alt at load.

Another thing to try is open trunk, smack intertia switch so red button pops up, then push it back down to reset it.

If a CCRM problem is suspected this will show up as a power interruption to the power at fuse F2.2 and F2.8. How to test for power in fuse F2.2 is mentioned in the other thread. But basically using an "add of fuse" or "add a circuit" to create a way to monitor power while driving. I recommend using a test light that way it's easily seen while driving. IF the test light blinks during driving this confirms the theory.

A bad or loose CCRM / PCM ground can also "cause" the CCRM to drop out. That's why it's important to double/triple check the grounds around the radiator core support on BOTH sides.

1999-2004 MY fuse panel schedule:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
FWIIW, I don't see any way that a problem with the trunk IFS switch could "cause" these specific symptoms. A problem with the IFS switch would affect the FPDM and the Fuel pump itself. The IFS switch isn't going to affect over all power to the car or the power to the CCRM.

The exception to this is for the Cobra. The Cobra cuts in the IFS in the fuel pump pilot duty circuit and therefore might could cause the fuel pump part of the CCRM to "bounce".

It's not unplugged I just simply cut the pink wire and connected it directly .. Hey Mr burns. So I replaced the ccrm with one from the pick a part and it worked fine all day ..much longer than normal time intervals but then towards end if day it did it again. ????