Progress Thread Project Copper Can

If you have a harbor freight around you, they sell a vacuum gauge kit for like $15. You could probably rent one from AZ too. That may help you with your diagnosis.

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

image.jpg
Well this sucks. Took apart my upper and lower manifolds to find a pretty big leak area in my upper intake manifold gasket. Had a new set of lower manifold gaskets so now I'm in the midst of replacing all of these here gaskets. Yay me!!:mad::confused:

Anyone know what I'm supposed to be reading I have one I use for boilers but it also measures vacuum as well

Sorry man, was late to reply, but it looks like you found your culpurite. If you have an idea of what kind of vacuum it should be pulling then you can look for that. Also, you are looking for a steady needle and not one that bounces.

Joe

I loathe doing manifold gaskets . Simple job but just loathe it . Glad you found it. For what it's work I think I was pulling 12-13 at idle with the tfs1

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

I'll check what mine is after I do all this I know the vacuum was so low that my brake booster wouldn't work the way it was supposed to
Eek . Mine is 10-11 with my cam at idle and it's still ok so yours had to be real low

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

The tps screws are loose really that's the only thing but with the spout plugged in my car just dies, with it unplugged it runs like a dream and drives fine
I see - now your on to something !