Progress Thread Project Copper Can

like this?

Attachments

• trimring.jpg
    trimring.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 131
  • Sponsors (?)

@RacEoHolic330 ok I'm getting really close to trying to start the car for the first time ... Electrically I still have to wire the ford iac and hook up some loose wires in the harness. I did not receive the disc for the software to download onto the computer and I've called Holley with no call backs. Which version do I need? I see v2,3,and 4.

Reactions: 1 user
@RacEoHolic330 ok I'm getting really close to trying to start the car for the first time ... Electrically I still have to wire the ford iac and hook up some loose wires in the harness. I did not receive the disc for the software to download onto the computer and I've called Holley with no call backs. Which version do I need? I see v2,3,and 4.
You'll want to see what firmware the ECU came with. Use the matching computer software. I say that just in case something happens if you try to upgrade the ecu firmware before starting the car. You may think there is a problem with your car, but it could be an upgrade issue. Mine is V2 and has a V2 sticker on the ECU. I haven't changed to V4 yet. If it ain't broke...

You can download the computer software from their site. No discs needed.

Next question there is a red small 14 gauge wire from the harness and this is what the instructions say it does. Can you explain to me the part about the fuel pump I don't want to try to send 12vdc to the pump from two different sources? @RacEoHolic330

image.jpeg

Did you mean to say green 14ga wire? That wire should be the signal wire to a standard 4 prong automotive relay to power the fuel pump. 10ga wire from the battery to the relay, 10ga wire from the relay to the pump, 14ga green wire from relay to ecu, and ground. Found this on Google. Standard way to wire the relay. Depending on the size of your pump, you'll want a 20-30a fuse off the battery.

bcfc503e8308892795e176c11e365272.jpg

I think that would be if you are having the ECU operate the fuel pump instead of operating it off of a different switched source. It still looks like it needs to be hooked up to power the fuel injectors though. It should not matter that you are using a independent power source for the fuel pump.

Looks like a typo to me that should say "ecu" instead of "fuel pump" (with the exception of a low-amp fuel pump that can be directly controlled by that green wire). If I'm reading that page right and it is what I think it is, that wire is the ecu main power feed.

No the ecu has its own dedicated power harness but it's whatever I'm gonna hook that wire up also because it powers the injectors. Well all the wires are ran and terminated cleaned up for the most part might do more clean up down the road putting in more power braid or something but this is where I ended up mounting the ecu.
image.jpeg