Question for all you fox guys.

need to own a mustang.

When i traded in my '03GT, i went 8 months without driving a Mustang (or even riding in one). When spring came and i'd be out driving and see people enjoying their Mustangs...it used to kill me!

I can't not own a Mustang. I may not want to drive one every day anymore, but when the urge to bang gears is there, i need to go.

I last drove my Fox on Sunday. It's tuesday and i'm already getting anxious to go for a blast. I'd head out now, but i have the fan wiring apart to redo it a little.

• Sponsors (?)

I love my Coupe. It has taken a long time to make it mine, but it's mine. Comfort was achieved through Flofit. Sound was achieved through a small pulley and a Wolverine 1083. Fun factor through a first gen TKO. My car runs 180 degrees, and I'd drive it anywhere. In fact, I dont drive it enough. I love my Wife's Explorer, My 250 is a blast, but nothing, not even my bike, makes me smile like I do on Friday when I go to the garage, start that mother up, and cruise through town. It's mean, but it makes one of my Nephews cry.................................................................... I love it. Fox Mustang. All day.

The only problem now is that they're getting so old. It's hard to find one in good shape...and you'll have to do a lot of maintenance type work to make them really good, reliable cars. Replacing all the worn out, 20 year old parts, paint jobs, etc. - which can be annoying sometimes when you have to spend money on that instead of the "go fast" parts.

But I'll keep my fox for as long as I can. This is the third one I've owned over the past 11 years (since I was 17). I sold my 85 when I first moved to Germany in the Army and missed it a lot more than I thought I would. Bought a 93 that lasted me for 7 years before I wrecked it. Told myself my next car would be something newer........but ended up going right back to the fox. I guess I just have to have one.

To me, they just feel right. Other than the foxes, the only Mustangs I'd want is a classic (72 or earlier), a 94/95 Cobra, a Termi, a Bullet or a Mach 1....or of course a new Shelby GT500, but that's not very realistic for me. If I bought a new car, it would be a daily driver - not a replacement for my Fox.

When i traded in my '03GT, i went 8 months without driving a Mustang (or even riding in one). When spring came and i'd be out driving and see people enjoying their Mustangs...it used to kill me!

I can't not own a Mustang. I may not want to drive one every day anymore, but when the urge to bang gears is there, i need to go.

I last drove my Fox on Sunday. It's tuesday and i'm already getting anxious to go for a blast. I'd head out now, but i have the fan wiring apart to redo it a little.

I go through the SAME exact thing! Its been 3 weeks since i have driven mine. I'll probably take her to work tomorrow. Nothing like driving the stang on a nice fallish day with the windows down! :nice:

If I had a fresh start, it would have been motorcycles.

Sure, I have had my '93 notch since 2000 and have more money into it than it is worth and that is why I keep it. She still blows cold A/C, all power options work including C/C, it cackles, has boost, and cruises with ease and will crank out a mid to low eleven quarter mile time depending on the air and 60ft.

On a nice day, I take the bike. I get more enjoyment out of motorcycling.

DD is an 04GT. It is smoother than my fox, does not feel as light on its feet as a older fox platform, but is still a nice car to tool around in.

If I had the $$ I would roll in an S-197 GT vert. My days of needing to go rediculously fast are over and I would much rather just drop the top and cruise with the wifey.

I own a 04' Mach and a blown 89' Coupe.

The Mach is my D/D and I wouldn't have it any other way. The Mach is just so much more comfortable then my coupe. Don't get me wrong the coupe still has A/C and aftermarket recaros, but the Mach still feels more refined.

I get the Coupe out when I feel the need for a little excitment.

Mustang

For now: a Fox... It's fun and paid for.
Down the road... who knows.

I know I will always have a Mustang, although I'm sure it wont be a Fox forever.

After driving my friends S197 I think that will be my next one (if and when I can afford it). The new platform just feels lightyears ahead of anything previous in terms of overall chassis stiffness, comfort, and handling. (I've driven a few bolt on 99-04 GTs, a 01 Cobra, and a bolt on SN95 for comparison)

The car felt more like a 2 seater luxury car (with a nice V8 rumble) and as I start to approach 40 that's more of what I am looking for. (Can't believe I just said that, but I think it's true...) Its gonna be down the road a few years though. I like to pay cash for my toys and the prices of those cars are still up there out and of my pay-cash budget :rolleyes: and I'm still having fun in the Fox. :nice:

This is just my opinion but I like the foxes. My dad loved them and I grew up gawking at them.

There's plenty of parts available, and there's many other reasons why you always see them at the dragstrip. Sure they have some downfalls, like brakes etc, but you're only limited to what you want to do. I agree with the other posters that said don't get a plain jane one. I'd look for at least a GT no 4 or 6 bangers or autos. Since they are so common you can probably pick one up in decent shape if you have the cash - it helps in the long run time and money wise if you don't have to replace everything.

Got my first Fox in 1987. Not sure how I've had many since then. Nothing else is the same. I don't care what other cars do, they aren't my Fox. I could have whatever kind of car I wanted now, and I have a Fox. :nonono:on the daily driver here in Chicago. Thats why there are Toyota's.