Question?

law

Aug 6, 2003
Has anyone ever heard that a non Ford Ignition Control Module can cause a false failure of the PIP Sensor/Hall effect sensor/stator (whatever you want to call it)? When I say a non Ford ICM, I mean that I used a new ICM from Autozone. I was told by technicians from Ford Dealership that it could cause that. But today my car died while driving to work, so I am thinking they are wrong. But I wanted to know if anyone as heard of that. I have already replaced the dizzy with a new one, but two new ICM's, one from Ford and one from Autozone and I am still having problems. I will run codes this evening to verify that it is still the stator in my dizzy, but I am 100% sure that is the problem. What a PITA!

• Sponsors (?)

The ford techs might have been speaking of the fox TFI's. There are two for them and they are NOT interchangable. And the parts stores have been known to get them confused and give people the wrong one (they bolt up alright but are pinned wrong). The parts stores differentiate them by auto or manual, which is not how they are different.

Otherwise, you got me bud. It seems like enough folks on here run aftermarket stuff.............................

Good luck.

Hmmm...maybe I just had unfortunate luck and got another defective stator. Well I took it back and they are going to check it out for me. The Ford Consultant said he would knock some of the labor off because they wanted to be sure and at least eliminate the ICM possibility. Thanks fellas.