Ran friends sprayed LT1...vid inside

• Sponsors (?)

What the hell. Why are you satisfied to just hang with him. I BLOW THEM OFF THE HIGHWAY. I wouldn't have it any other way. Why are so many people satisfied with just keeping up with them. I mean I know there is always a faster car but, forget that. -F- LT1's

well despite what all these other haters are saying I thought you did really well just hanging with that firebird.

First, It was a formula so you didn't have as much of a weight advantage as with a z28 or a t/a.

Second, GM really, REALLY restricted those f-bodies on the intake and exhaust side to get them below the corvette's power level. You can easily gain 30+rwhp just changing out the intake tract and exhaust system. I know this first hand.

Third, f-bodies really respond well to nitrous. So considering all those factors he was probably at a conservative 360rwhp and didn't weigh much more than you.

Nice one...

I love how everyone here rags on LT1s... what do you guys run with what mods???

Im pretty sure an LT1 with a few bolt ons would make a 5.0 with a few bolt ons look stupid!

I was just going to say. This board just started sounding like ricer board. There is so much ignorance about the LT1 it's isn't funny. gtcobra302, first of all, with your mods and times running, you must have been racing V6's, and secondly, there is no such thing a a GT Cobra, unless you mean a Fobra.

I was just going to say. This board just started sounding like ricer board. There is so much ignorance about the LT1 it's isn't funny.
Agreed 100%. The ignorance towards Chevrolet in general is rediculous. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not exactly brand loyal. If it's cool and fast, I will like it, regardless of brand. The lt1 is a fantastic motor, and the ls1 is even better. Like everyone stated, an lt1 vs a fox with similar mods will put a serious hurtin on that fox, end of story. Oh, and it comes from the factory with a t56, handles like it's on rails, 60fts like a fox with suspension, and costs the same. Too bad you can't work on them.

Well id like to thank the last few posters for seeing the reality of the race, I was starting to think that the first few posters were just pissed cause i posted a vid of a fox loosing( they are not exactly the fastest cars). His car is faster and should beat me but like I said I thought I did well. I did beat him from the 20 rolls, the 45 rolls he pulled me. Im gonna run him again next week and im gonna run a 100 shot on my fox so we will see if it is closer. I just dont get all the hate for a fellow fox owner. Sorry if I made us look bad but lets face it, a bolt on 5.0 with a small shot of juice is not a monster by any means, but I still love my car and its fast enough for me. So if you dont like what you seen in the vid then im sorry but I dont see any of you clowns stepping up to run a car that you know is faster than you and then posting it on the internet for everyone to flame you which is fine with me but to get flamed on a 5.0 forum is just sad....dissapointed to say the least.:nonono:

BTW, if any of you haters are in Florida then you can step up and run me and see how slow my car is......Dam people, weres the love?

Well id like to thank the last few posters for seeing the reality of the race, I was starting to think that the first few posters were just pissed cause i posted a vid of a fox loosing( they are not exactly the fastest cars). His car is faster and should beat me but like I said I thought I did well. I did beat him from the 20 rolls, the 45 rolls he pulled me. Im gonna run him again next week and im gonna run a 100 shot on my fox so we will see if it is closer. I just dont get all the hate for a fellow fox owner. Sorry if I made us look bad but lets face it, a bolt on 5.0 with a small shot of juice is not a monster by any means, but I still love my car and its fast enough for me. So if you dont like what you seen in the vid then im sorry but I dont see any of you clowns stepping up to run a car that you know is faster than you and then posting it on the internet for everyone to flame you which is fine with me but to get flamed on a 5.0 forum is just sad....dissapointed to say the least.:nonono:

BTW, if any of you haters are in Florida then you can step up and run me and see how slow my car is......Dam people, weres the love?

I just said the vid was dark, I agree though those are some fast mofo's, there is a guy that works with me and he drives a 02 Firehawk, I couldn't hang with him and he is bone stock. Maybe i'll fair better with some 373's