Rear Suspension

bertman

Oct 30, 2004
Portsmouth Va
I have seen a little shock on the rear end. It bolts the top of the rear end and bolts to the wheel well.My car is a 87. I dont have them. I saw it on a 91 stang the other day. It looks factory. Im not talking about the control arms or the rear shocks. Does anybody know what they are called and where I can get them. Just by looking at it, the purpose of it would be to stop the rear of the car from sagging down.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, quad shocks. They were factory peices on your car. Someone must have ditched them.

If you are having wheelhop issues, you should put them back. Ford still sells them, ask for a pair for a 2004 Mustang GT. I think they were $65/pair. Or you can go to autozone and get them for $25/each. They are listed as "steering dampeners" in the computer

Put the quad shocks back on if you took them off or don’t have them installed.

The quad shocks are a roll of the dice. No matter what the combination of tires, control arms and shocks, some cars will wheel hop without quad shocks and some won't. There are so many variables in 28-13 year old cars with wear, misalignment and combinations of suspension components and tires that one unchanging answer won't work for everyone.

I personally would install them, and make sure they are in good shape. I do know this, that Ford is cheap. If they could have made changes in some simple component like bushings or control arm construction and saved $20, they would have done it. Multiply $20 times all the Fox body Mustangs ever made and you would be almost as rich as Donald Trump. That's a lot of $$$, and good incentive to engineer something to do away with the quad shocks.