Rebuild or get a new longblock

016erstang

Feb 20, 2008
Norfolk, Va
I got a 01 with about 115,000 on it, I plan on going N/A on the engine but don't know which would be better I was looking at rpm-mustang and saw longblocks from 4800-5600 and that with port and polish everything as well, or would if be better to stick with my engine and just get the machine work on it.

• Sponsors (?)

You mean rpm outlet? They don't carry longblocks, but whoever that is, $5600 for a P+P overhauled longblock doesn't sound like a good deal. Supersixmotorsports has P+P head and intake sets along with a cam for $1900 and up, and if your engine is getting tired, you should be able to have a local machine shop freshen it up for a lot less than $5k. Making it a 4.2 stroker along with the P+P heads should make plenty of power with stock internals and keeping it N/A.

I'm thinking about the SuperSix setup myself.... http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/pdf/SSM2007catrev3PowerPaks.pdf

That what I would like to do I was thinking of going with the 4.3 Stroker kit and get the stage 3 power pack. My goals are to see how far I can get the car while still be able to be street drivin I want to show people that you can take a V6 and still have some fun with it alot of people here either have a GT or imports for now with the 4.10 I get a quick jump off but that's only good for the acceleration want to get her higher in the HP range as well, also plan on putting a procharger on her after the rebuild.