removing emblems

• Sponsors (?)

Anybody have any tips on how to take the faux gas cap off? I have stripes and I think it would look better without it covering them up!
Thanks again in advance for everyone's priceless advice!

Realize that the faux gas cap has two pins on the backside that mate with two holes in the trunk lid. Removing the faux gas cap will expose these holes.

The definitive way to remove anything like this is to use fishing line to saw through the adhesive material. Others may recommend dental floss since it's in the house, but you'll find it breaks constantly.

The definitive way to remove anything like this is to use fishing line to saw through the adhesive material. Others may recommend dental floss since it's in the house, but you'll find it breaks constantly.

Thanx a bunch, that works great! :nice: I was going to remove my GT fender emblems today and paint them but was going to try just heat. After reading this post a few minutes ago, I grabbed some nylon kite string and had them off in just a few minuites. Great tip!! :hail2:

EDIT: Pic of painted (black) GT emblems...
View attachment 358905

I really like how the blackout panel looks, but ive never seen one on a mustang w/ stripes...anybody have any opinions?
331.jpg

Attachments

• 331.jpg
    331.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 74