Seafoam is teh *****!

• Sponsors (?)

Ya you all are going to hate but im bringing the thread back!! Seafoam is teh ****!!!! I had a rough idle, which I thought was weird only having 19k miles. Ran sea foam in let it settle for about 15min and blew my neighbors outta their houses. Now the car runs smooth. I have honestly never heard of a over the counter product do this.

I have a couple bottles on my shelf waiting to go in again. I did it earlier this summer and didn't get a whole lot of smoke. But when I do the next oil change I'll through some in the tank and suck it up through the intake. It'll be running fantastic for winter. Seafoam rules!

Come oil change time:
1/3 in the crank 100 mi before your oil change
1/3 when you fill up
1/3 in your PCV

All clean :) Then rinse out your engine, then you have a clean car both inside and out everybody is happy :D

ponysarepretty said:
Come oil change time:
1/3 in the crank 100 mi before your oil change
1/3 when you fill up
1/3 in your PCV

All clean :) Then rinse out your engine, then you have a clean car both inside and out everybody is happy :D
No it is like this:
1 can in full tank of gas
1/2 can in crank
1/2 can aspirated into intake

Kilgore Trout said:
No it is like this:
1 can in full tank of gas
1/2 can in crank
1/2 can aspirated into intake

Thats what I did on my last oil change. 1can in gas tank, half in crankcase and half into intake. Worked very well. Mileage even went up from 275 to 310 from a full tank of gas. Drives a lot smoother too.

Ok, so I picked up a can of this stuff a week or so ago from Napa for like $5.

Read this thread.

Best info was the person who said disconnect that rubber elbow on the bottom right side of the upper plenum from the long tube and turn it upwards. If your doing this alone like I did tonight you will need to plug that elbow with a rag or something in order for the car to start. I then took a straight screwdriver and inserted in between the throttle stop and throttle lever to bring up the idle. Then as you remove the rag cover the hole a little bit with your thumb and pour in 1/3-1/2 can of sea foam into the elbow. Shut off the car and let it sit for 10minutes like the others have said and go for a ride.

It smoked quite a bit for the first 3 minutes. I drove it for about 15minutes and shut it off for 10 more minutes and then went for a long drive. The car has 31k on it and I must say this Sea Foam straightened out my rough idle, pinging at low RPMS and the engine revs sooo much smoother. I poured what I had left of the can into my fuel tank.

Hail to the Sea Foam!

Guess that still makes me the only person who had a negative affect from running seafoam. My wife's Jeep did the whole smoking thing, which judging by the ingredients has nothing to do with burning off carbon, but more like burning the oil they add in. I did 1/3 in tank, 1/3 in crankcase, 1/3 in intake.. sat 10-15 minutes, etc.

Smells like I have no catalytic converter on it anymore, now has hesitation issues, and has hard starts when cold.. never had these problems before I ran it. Maybe I got a bad batch. :shrug:

I've been told that Seafoam back in the old days has been known to foul plugs. There's some shops around here that use what they call profession cleaners, Zoom, that will only be sold to shops for use and cannot buy off the shelf from anywhere. One goes in the gas tank, the other into the crank case that's suppose to run the 3,000 miles for full effect and then they do a slow drip of it into the vacuum system around 1,800-2k rpm til the bottle is gone. I watched it get done on a few cars and it did make a difference.

I don't have it in front of me but there was like an article or testing done by some company saying that a group of new cars that had reached 49,000 miles had a 22% decrease in power. The only thing is though over time most people don't notice it

I just Seafoamed my engine again on Saturday night. Changed the oil, poured a can into the tank and let the engine suck up the other can. Let it sit for a while and then started it up. Smoked much more this time than last! It didn't feel like it had the power it usually has immediately after when I drove it, but it cleared up and now is running really nice and strong!
SEAFOAM RULES!!
Long live this thread!