Seafoam is teh *****!

• Sponsors (?)

sgarlic said:
Guess that still makes me the only person who had a negative affect from running seafoam. My wife's Jeep did the whole smoking thing, which judging by the ingredients has nothing to do with burning off carbon, but more like burning the oil they add in. I did 1/3 in tank, 1/3 in crankcase, 1/3 in intake.. sat 10-15 minutes, etc.

Smells like I have no catalytic converter on it anymore, now has hesitation issues, and has hard starts when cold.. never had these problems before I ran it. Maybe I got a bad batch. :shrug:

Actually, a few pages prior I posted a question. I asked if anyone has ever heard of seafoam burning up the cats. After using it my car smelt (and still does) smell like an uncatted car. Is it possible?

But I'm pretty sure the white smoke is carbon burning off. If you burn the seafoam alone (i tested with a torch) it creates no smoke. When dense carbon burns it creates light white smoke. There's most likely some gummed up oil buildup that's burning off with it as well.

From Sea Foams website:

SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT for Gas Engine Applications

100% Pure Petroleum
Use in All Engines in All Seasons
2 Cycle, 4 Cycle, and Diesels
Treats 3 Critical Areas: Gas Tank, Fuel Systems, and Crankcase

Cleans fuel injectors
Cleans carburetor jets
Cleans carbon
Stabilizes fuels
Upper cylinder lube
Removes moisture in fuel
De-icer
Frees sticky lifters
Frees sticky rings
Removes moisture in oil
Cleans P.C.V. systems
Cleans catalytic converter odors
Oxygen sensor safe

How Many Mechanics Use SEA FOAM
In Tune-Up of 4 Cycle Gasoline Carbureted or Fuel Injected Engines
Autos, Trucks, and Tractors
With engine warm, slowly pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint through carburetor or throttle body throat. (If vehicle is port injected slowly pour SEA FOAM through direct manifold vacuum line that will feed all cylinders, possible sources are P.C.V. valve or brake booster line.) This will pull SEA FOAM down on top of the pistons and to the back of the intake valves to dissolve carbon. Turn ignition off. Restart engine after 5 minutes. If severe carbon build up is apparent, use more Sea Foam as previously directed. Make sure exhaust is well ventilated when using Sea Foam in these various ways as fumes will be extreme for a short time.
Pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint into oil crank case to clean rings, lifters, dirty parts and remove moisture.
Pour 1/3 to 1 full pint into fuel tank to clean injectors, carburetor jets, fuel lines and remove moisture.
Immediate Results: Smoother idle, increased R.P.M.'s better throttle response and improved performance. See label on can for detailed results for use in each area.
FUEL TANK, CARBURETOR, INJECTION and OIL CRANKCASE.

For Peak Performance, Use SEA FOAM Every 2,000 to 5,000 Miles

A 100% pure petroleum product for use in all gasoline and diesel type engines, both 2 and 4 cycle. OXYGEN SENSOR SAFE.
Cleans dirty engine parts internally by removing harmful gums, varnish and carbon. WORKS AND PERFORMS INSTANTLY.
Removes moisture from oil crankcases and fuel tanks.
Stabilizes and conditions fuels. Use for engine storage.
Cure hesitations, stalls, pings and rough idle due to carbon buildup.
Helps pass emissions test. EPA Registered.
When Used Thru Injection or Carburetor

Cleans carbon build up
Cleans intake valves and pistons
Gives smoother idle
Cleans catalytic converter odors
Cures hesitations and pings
Restores power and pickup
With warm engine running, SLOWLY poor 1/2 pint through carburator, throttle body or direct manifold vacuum line that will feed ALL CYLINDERS. Possible sources are P.C.V. valve or brake booster line. Turn ignition off. Restart engine after 5 minutes. Be sure exhaust is well ventilated. Fumes will be extreme for a short period of time.
For use in injector cleaning machines, use 50% SEA FOAM and 50% fuel.
Fill diesel filters with SEA FOAM to clean injectors fast.
When Added to Crankcase (Oil)

Frees sticky lifters and rings
Increases R.P.M.'s vacuum and compression
Cleans dirty parts
Removes moisture
Cleans PCV valve systems

One pint treats 10 quarts of oil (avg. 1 1/2 ounce per quart).

When Added to Fuel Tank
Cleans fuel injectors and carburetor jets
Cleans carbon as you drive
Lubricates upper cylinders
De-ices and removes moisture
Diesel full conditioner and anti gel
Stabilizes fuel
One pint treats 8-25 gallons of fuel (average 1 ounce per gallon).

In Injector Cleaning Machines

Add a 50/50 blend of fuel and SEA FOAM into injector cleaning machine. Run directly through the fuel rails to clean injectors fast. Add SEA FOAM to your fuel tank to clean injectors as you drive.

I Went down to the auto Parts store and Bought two cans of teh seafoam and I have a Question?? Should I change My Oil If I put it in through the PCV Valve?? I know I should If I put it directly In the Crank Case but what about through pcv?? thanx

joshheat25 said:
I Went down to the auto Parts store and Bought two cans of teh seafoam and I have a Question?? Should I change My Oil If I put it in through the PCV Valve?? I know I should If I put it directly In the Crank Case but what about through pcv?? thanx

I didn't.. And I've done about 3k mile since then. My oil looks new, doesn't smell weird, and everything seems just right..

The PCV just vents the oil pressure, there won't be any that goes into the crankcase again. And be quite clear, you don't put it INTO the PCV, the PCV will suck it out. If you have to force feed it, yoru doing it wrong proabbly

And for the oil, you should probably wait a couple hundred miles before changing to let the stuff do its work.

I just put teh Seafoam in and after done putting it in i gave the engines a couple revs from under the hood and saw some smoke coming up from the engine bay?? could this mean I have a leak between the exhaust manifold and the x pipe? Because I have fixed that area a couple of times! but here in another 10 minutes I am going to take her for a test drive and post up!

attachment.php
Pics! Hey Seafoam has to go on! it will never die!