Shelby GT grille install

blbrchnk

Oct 16, 2006
Bridgeport, WV
Hey all, I purchased a Shelby grille like is on the Shelby GT's and I didn't receive any instructions with it. I looked online and I feel comfortable getting the old grille out, but the new one came with four j shaped bolts and I was just unsure of how and where these hook in. If anyone has any experience with this grille, some advice would be greatly appreciated.

It is this one: Link

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I could be wrong, but from your link's data, it may be a grille "addition" where you leave the OEM grille in place, minus the fog light assemblies, and the Shelby piece slips in front of it with the "j" bolt hardware...?

That's lame. If I was you, I'd return it. It doesn't even come with the pony badge that's in the picture.

You can get them extremely cheap on ebay here:

Link

I just hate that nowhere does it describe the process needed to install/modify the original grille. I figured by "modify" it meant that I had to remove the old one and put this one in as opposed to just putting it overtop. But no, they want you to cut the living crap out of the old one.

I bought Shelbys mesh grill and it was an easy install. Just totally remove the old grille and slide this one in. Took about 10 minutes to do. They come in black or chrome but I took mine and had it black chromed.

DSC01089.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

Shelby does offer one with the billet bars that fit into a surrounding piece that snaps in place like the OEM one. I bought one off ebay and decided to sell it my my friend and ordered the CDC black billet grille instead. Here's a picture of the grille installed on his car. Your's, I believe is the old style when they just covered the stock grille.

Attachments

• IMG_1831.jpg
    IMG_1831.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 140