Sn94 T5 ???

• Sponsors (?)

You can....but the input shaft is 3/4" longer and the bellhousing is longer to accomodate. So it will bolt up fine, but the shifter will be 3/4" further rearward and may require trimming of the trans tunnel.

Usually guys just get the SN95 T-5 and swap the input shaft and bearing retainer out and make it fox-length and use the fox bellhousing.

It's been done before...so he's technically right. However it's not the correct thing to do.

I don't think my starter will fit right , I tried bolting the starter from my 87 5.0 ,and the housing is made different, I have one from a 92 lx coupe 5.0 and it fits but the solenoid is on the starter and not sure how to make it work,if it even works, how diffucult is it to change the input shaft from the 87 to the sn94, and will it work the same

You need to slightly change the wiring to make the 92 starter work. All it takes is piece of 12 gauge wire the same length as the cable from the fender mounted solenoid to the starter. Crimp some ring terminal ends on the 12 gauge wire, then ty-wrap it to the starter power cable and make the connections as shown in the bottom diagram.

Starter solenoid wiring for 86-91 Mustang
attachment.php

Starter solenoid wiring 92-93 Mustang or earlier Mustang with upgraded high torque mini starter.
attachment.php

Be careful if you have long tubes. I tried the SN95 trans setup on my car with BBK longtubes. The clutch fork is in a different location. And the two interfered. I ended up just going back to a fox input shaft and bellhousing. Just something to keep in mind.