Some paint questions?

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
I stopped by my uncles friends muscle car shop today and we went over what was going to be painted. The car will go in at the end of the month. As many of you know I want my wing and hoodscoop painted black. Also I want to get my mirrors painted the same color as the car. Now he said I could take the parts off before I bring the car in and it would cut down on his time. I know how to take the wing off but what about the mirrors and the hoodscoop, how do you get those off? I was going to go with flat black but he recommended going with semi gloss. Also my drivers door has to be sanded down and repainted because of when it got keyed (he said around $500 for the door). I think the car will look good when done. It just piss me off that my car got keyed. Do most insurance companies cover vandalism?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes comprehensive covers vandalism.

To remove the scoop take the underhood blanket off with trim removal tool. Unbolt the ground strap.

Then you will be able to access the scoop nuts.

Don't no. He said the original mach 1s from the late 60s-70s had semi gloss. I guess he should know, he as a 1971 Mach 1 (one of 10 muscle cars he owns) and his shop it known for paint and body work. The car should look good when done.