SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

dragin92gt

Nov 6, 2007
89 GT, 331 AOD, VICTOR HEADS & INTAKE, 24 LB INJECTORS, C&L 76mm, LONGTUBES,

long story short i know (30's)that i need injectors, (a/f ratio hovers from 12.5-14.8) but they will be here soon

the car has issues. me and a local guy got it narrowed down to a bad o2 sensor, really needs a TPS, and need to pull the front cover off and make sure that the cam is straight up

i set the timing to 10*, FP is at 40 w hose off. the wideband does read lean and rich (bounces, i figured the computer is trying to even the mixture out)
i cant get the TPS to register anything above 0.25.<sucks.

k what it does is you will be driving, this is from a dead stop.

you mash the gas(wot), shift to second, run it up to 6000. (i only have 2 gears) (luckily i run 1/8 mile) and pop it into neutral, when you do this and take your foot off of the gas it leans out to like 19.?? on the gauge, and stumbles like it is going to die.

is this a TPS syndrome
im also wondering if the fuel pump may b goin out. this car has always ran lean.

i also moved the timing 2* and it settled the idle out

im totally freakin lost on this thing. i hate it so bad today.

• Sponsors (?)

Take the advice you have already recieved and go with it.

If that does not fix your problems, See the "Surging Idle Checklist for help with all your idle/stall problems. The first two posts contain all the updates to the fixes. At last count there were 24 possible causes and fixes for surging idle/stall problems. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions.