Someone want to help with codes? plese?

Finally bought a code reader and ran codes. With KOEO test i got 32, 12, 22, and 67 but i know 67 is no big deal. With engine running i only got one code 12. Little tidbit of info, using a testlight, the wires going to the EGR only give a very dim light so I belive the wiring could be bad on that fuselink. Secondly, when diong a KOER test, I can switch the code scanner from test to hold and the car dies. It just instantly dies no sputtering or slow drop, just dies. I can't figure out for the life of me why it would do that?

• Sponsors (?)

Code 12 -Idle Air Bypass motor not controlling idle properly (generally idle too low) - IAB dirty or not working. Take it off and clean it thoroughly with throttle body cleaner. Clean the electrical contacts at the same time.

Code 22 MAP (vacuum) or BARO signal out of range. The MAP or BARO sensor is pretty much the same sensor for both Mass Air & Speed Density cars. The main difference is where it is connected. Mass Air cars vent it to the atmosphere, while Speed Density cars connect it to the intake manifold vacuum. Its purpose is to help set a baseline for the air/fuel mixture and changes in barometric pressure. The MAP or BAP sensor puts out a 5 volt square wave that changes frequency with variations in atmospheric pressure. The base is 154 HZ at 29.92" of mercury - dry sunny day at sea level, about 68-72 degrees. You need an oscilloscope or frequency meter to measure it.

Baro or MAP test using frequency meter - run the test key on engine off. The noise from the ignition system will likely upset the frequency meter. I used a 10 x oscilloscope probe connected from the frequency meter to the MAP/BAP to reduce the jitter in the meter's readout.

If it is defective, your air/fuel ratio will be off and the car’s performance & emissions will suffer

CODE: 32 (KOEO) - EVP circuit below minimum voltage. Vref missing or broken wire or bad contact in circuit. Check for 5 volts on the orange/white wire. With the sensor removed from the EGR and still connected, press the plunger and watch the voltage change on the brown/lt green wire. Check for the same results on pin 27 on the computer. Check for continuity between the wiring at the sensor and the computer. The brown/lt green wire on the sensor & pin 27 should be less than 1 ohm. The black/white wire on the sensor & pin 46 should be less than 1 ohm. The orange/white wire on the sensor & pin 26 should be less than 1 ohm.

Both the EGR & Baro/Map sensor use the 5 volt Vref. I would check the Orange/White wire on both of them to make sure they have 5 volts +/- .25 volt

be careful testing computer controlled circuits with a test light - on some circuits in some cars (not necessarily stangs, but it is a good habit to be in), you can overdraw the circuit with just a test light.

what is the deal with everyone having code 32 lately?

good luck.