SRT-4 vs. 2000 GT

fastangboi

My first set of nuts vibrated themselves off.
Jul 26, 2006
Slowville
Was wondering if a 2000 auto GT could beat an SRT-4? there is a kid in my neighborhood that sees my mustang in the driveway and does a blow off right in front of my house. i was wanting to shut him up but i dont know how they perform.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

i dunno if he isnt that great of a driver or has never drag raced it then yea i would say you could take it. Those things are a pain to launch because of them being fwd. My buddy had a 50 trim srt with slicks and a bunch of other mods put 420whp down and could only run 8.0 in the 1/8th so i would say you could probably take him all you gotta do is get a good jump on him then I think you have him.

What happened to the days of finding if you can win by racing? There's no sure race, you can beat a corvette if he misses a gear.... SRT-4's arn't just for looks but they arn't monsters either. But with the pipes and intake you have in your "garage" you should win.

Well my mod include
Pypes O/R X
FIPK2
P/P upper plenum
BBK underdrives
Flowmasters, but welded into the stock catback pipes
1 step colder Denso iridium plugs

And to ProCharger GT i do have nitrous but i took part of the system out because ive been getting inconsistant answers on the jetting to horsepower set up. That ant i want to get the nitrous more safe. All i had was the bottle, steel braided lines, both solinoids, and a WOT switch. im planning on making it safer to run, so for now its out.
ie: guages, fuel safety swich, purge, window swich, heater, blow down tube