North East SSoM Members!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Striped5.0 said:
I dont really plan on modding the bike, prob just a slip on pipe and maybe a diffrent shield on the front. Other then that its fast enough for me only stuff I really want is riding apperal like nice jacket and gloves.

Thats one thing I have been thinking about is it would be good to have a nice stang and a nice bike but how much would the Stang get neglected? I like both just as much but Ive never owned a bike so I at least want to try it and see how I like it, if its not cracked up to what I thought it would be then I can always sell it later on if I get one. For now Im just doing alot of reading up on them b/c Ive been out of the bike scene for so long, I used to be a huge ZX fan but I really like the looks of the R6. I'll start looking next week on my days off and see what I can find I'll more then likley have to get a used 03-04 R6 b/c as far as I know there are no new ones left on a showroom floor in New England, they seem to be the hot bike at the moment.

See you are already thinking of mods and you dont even own one yet. BTW 600's are baby bikes..I wouldnt waste my time or money on one..

FEARNO1 said:
See you are already thinking of mods and you dont even own one yet. BTW 600's are baby bikes..I wouldnt waste my time or money on one..

Yamaha R6

Weight 357LBS

Top Speed 164 MPH

1/4 of 11.04 @126.8 MPH

I think thats way more then enough for me. Not like I need to step up to an R1 or a CBR 900RR

As far as the mods thats all I do want to do, I know Id want to do a slip on just for sound but its not like Id be looking to make one of these things more faster then they already are

Dan_Soprano said:
I have to go with Fred on this one.........600's are chick bikes......you need at least a 750...........

I dont want a 750. The Ins rates on a new 600cc are $1,2XX a yr, its not worth going to a 750 especially for a starter bike, hell a 600 is to big for a starter bike but its what I really want. A 600 is more then enough Im not trying to kill myself w/ a 750,900 or 1,000

Striped5.0 said:
Yamaha R6

Weight 357LBS

Top Speed 164 MPH

1/4 of 11.04 @126.8 MPH

I think thats way more then enough for me. Not like I need to step up to an R1 or a CBR 900RR

As far as the mods thats all I do want to do, I know Id want to do a slip on just for sound but its not like Id be looking to make one of these things more faster then they already are

357lbs is dry weight and the 1/4 mile time is with a driver that weighs prolly 125lbs with full leather and helmet...

Travis you get the bike you want its your choice. I just feel you'd be happier in the long run with at least a 750.

FEARNO1 said:
357lbs is dry weight and the 1/4 mile time is with a driver that weighs prolly 125lbs with full leather and helmet...

Travis you get the bike you want its your choice. I just feel you'd be happier in the long run with at least a 750.

yeah and the time is w/ a professional driver not like I care what it does in the 1/4 b/c it wont be run there anyway.

Fred you have to remember this will be my first bike a 750 is to big for a starter bike even an 600 is pushing it. The ins rates on bikes are crazy and there even worse once you get above a 600. I know what I like in bikes and I know what I want, I want a Yamaha and an R1 is way to big plus I like the R6 alot anway. I dont feel as though Im giving anything up by getting a 600. Not like Im compremising such as settling for a GT when someone could have had a Cobra. Ive done alot of reading up on the new bikes latley and the R6 would be best suited for me. The CBR 600 is more expensive and the Gixer is more of a race ready bike then a street manners bike. The R6 is the best overall rouned 600 out there and thats why they have become so popular.