North East SSoM Members!!!

Travis, I seriously hope your not getting a bike. Other than a car it's the worst investment. All it takes is some dumbass bluehair, and your in the hospital. Try paying your bills after being out of work for 6 months. By the way, I had a very good friend die on a bike, on the Vetrans bridge. Was not a good time. Do yourself a favor and bury this idea.....

• Sponsors (?)

Striped5.0 said:
Heard that one once today already :rolleyes:

Riding gear, its a wonderful thing.
Riding gear is a good thing. I was wearing a helmet and pads the last time I went down on a dirt bike. 2 days in the hospital, a dislocated shoulder, and a SEVERE concussion later, I say it still sucked even when I was "supposed" to be protected. It's your call man, but I really don't wanna visit you in the hospital when some jackass runs you off the road or hits you.

whitehorseupnorth said:
Travis, I seriously hope your not getting a bike. Other than a car it's the worst investment. All it takes is some dumbass bluehair, and your in the hospital. Try paying your bills after being out of work for 6 months. By the way, I had a very good friend die on a bike, on the Vetrans bridge. Was not a good time. Do yourself a favor and bury this idea.....

Its not buried. Night 1 of 2 down for getting my permit. Going back for the last 4 hrs tomorrow night

Striped5.0 said:
Riding gear, its a wonderful thing.
The first thing that usually gets messed up are your hands. Its an instant reaction to try and stop your fall with your hands. You gonna make sure you were gloves all the time?
Its not like you are going to be covered head to toe in racing leather. I had a leather jacket and full face helmet. I wore them even when it was 90+ degrees outside.

gaslight said:
The first thing that usually gets messed up are your hands. Its an instant reaction to try and stop your fall with your hands. You gonna make sure you were gloves all the time?
Its not like you are going to be covered head to toe in racing leather. I had a leather jacket and full face helmet. I wore them even when it was 90+ degrees outside.
I bet you were cute in the leather!! :D sweaty balls and all!!

gaslight said:

Gloves, helmet, Riding jacket regardless of the heat.

gaslight said:

dont blame you. I'll be buying a ICON Mesh Jacket, the new Mesh jakets are far superior to leather.

Got my permit tonight and came about 15 mins from getting a CBR 600 RR at reynolds motorsports. Someone else who had been looking at it for about a week had all his paper work to go through before mine so he got it. I got back at reynolds for the second part of the permit corse just in time to see it being hauled away in a silverarado. Oh well I got approved so now its just finding a bike.

attachment.php

attachment.php