Started Sanding... Again

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by Nagash01WS6, May 31, 2005.

1. Project fix orange peel and bad body work is now in effect.

BUT... my damn compressor isnt keeping up with the new grinder.

grrr...

Starting off with 320, then gonna block with 400.

2. Good Luck. My compressor don't keep up with my tools either but at least its a compressor better then doing it by hand

3. Sounds like a fun project you have going on there :)

4. Are you just smoothing out the paint, or re-painting? We used 1500 grit to fix the orange peel, and there's still a few fine scratches left.

Good luck! I know it's a real PITA, but it'll look great when you're finished. :flag:

5. Well... once I get the orange peel flat.. .there is hardly any clear left... so Im going to redo the whole thing.

Zach... what grits you use to sand?

6. I wetsanded with 400 grit for the final. 180 and 220 when doing the bondo work. If you'd like some help next weekend let me know and I'll come over and help.

7. Ahhh yes, I had to do the same thing...we wet sanded with 1000 grit till it was mostly smooth, then laid down a thin coat of clear, let it sit for about 15 minutes, then do a final thicker coat. We still had to wet sand it again after that, but it turned out much better the second time.

8. I think kyle is repainting the car again because hes fixing body work. If I was just reclearing it I'd probably use 1500-2000grit