Still no turn signals.....HELP!!!!!!!!

buckshot923

Sep 14, 2003
I still have no turn signals and I refuse to send it to a shop for them to figure out. Heres what I got- hazzards work, relays have been replaced, fuse is good, and i have power to all accessories when i turn the ignition power on ( so I assume the switch is good). Just no turn signals, on the dash or on the outside of the car. Is there a ground somewhere? I'm lost here. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I am in the same boat exactly. I replaced both relays, fuses are good, hazards work, and replaced the actual switch assembly, let me know if you find out anything, I am going to check all the bulbs again, i did notice that my reverse lights aren't coming on, yet the bulbs look good. What gives?

It does sound like the flashers. There are two, one is on the fuse panel and the other is behind the radio on the passenger side. I haven't had to replace mine yet (knock on wood), so that's fairly general, but if one doesn't fix it try the other.

Ash

I have one on the back side of the fuse box and the other is next to it by the console. Just hangin there. I checked every bulb again and wiggled all the wires i could find, i think i will have to take it to the shop and pay some dumb a$$ 60 bucks for 5 min of work, super.

wow I might actually be a help here. Had the same issue when I put my 93 dash in the 88.

The way the wiring runs is kinda weird. It runs from the fuse block (flasher) to the hazard switch. The hazard switch is like the "main brain" for your turn signals/hazards. Then you have the stalk that send a signal to your hazard switch to dictate your turn signals.

Bacially one pin in my hazard switch came out and :pOOF!!!: no turn signals. Put it back in the right place and everything works. If your harzards are working and your turns are not it's a wiring problem somewhere.

My best suggestion if you havent messed with your switch take a multimeter and start tracing wires. Can you tell I work for Advance Auto???

finally figured mine out, the electrical hookup under the steering column on the right atached to it is a cluster of wires, the clip that holds the plug in place broke and they weren't making connection. AHHHHHHH

Attachments

• 000_0582.JPG
    000_0582.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 101
  • 000_0583.JPG
    000_0583.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 100
Turn signals, Wipers, Washer Fluid Not Working

I've got similar problem...turn signals, hazards, and wipers don't work. Brights DO work. Applied power to wiper motor, it works. Replaced turn signal and hazard flashers, checked multifunction lever connections and outputs, ignition switch connection, breaker in fuse box...traced many of wires for DAYS!!! Anyone got ideas?

Have you replaced the multifunction/turn signal switch?

Before you think about replacing the multifunction switch switch with one from the junkyard, here's some things to be aware of...

The problem is more common in GT models because thay had foglights on the same power wiring as the headlights. Ford undersized the wire and that caused problems.

A word of caution about multifunction switches is in order here. The multifunction switch (high/low beam, wiper, turn signals) are different for different years. 87-98 will work in any 87-89 car. The 90-93 switches only work in 90-93 cars. You can't put an early model switch in a late model car, nor can you put a late model switch in an early car.

Supposedly you can move the pins around to make the switches work in model years that are different from the car the switch came out of. I cannot verify that and haven’t tried it .

Other possible problem sources for the turn signal & headlight malfunction are the ignition switch, multifunction switch and the plastic shell that holds the turn signal wiring connector pins.

The following diagram is for 87-89 model cars.

Turn signal switch wiring:
attachment.php