Street Edge Stall is in!

I can't go WOT from an idle or it'll do like in the video.... so are you saying you think I should try going from idle to 3/4 throttle then to WOT when it hooks?

Just trying to clarify, I'm kinda new to this "no traction" problem. :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

95snoozer said:
on drag radials you should be able to flash it. thast hit it off idle.

you might apply a tiny bit of brake as you are hitting it

Is that really the best way to launch with a stall converter? I use the foot brake with my stock stall and it works great. I've even cut a 2.08 60' before which I thought was pretty good for my lack of hp. I was hoping that with a good stall I could launch the way I do now only at a higher rpm.

I cut 1.98-2.02 on the stock converter with street tires by launching at WOT from idle....

I don't know if I'm going to run the drags. Since I moved, it's now a 2 hour one way drive to the track and the nittos sucked worse than my streets last time. :bang:

gcomfx.com said:
I cut 1.98-2.02 on the stock converter with street tires by launching at WOT from idle....

I don't know if I'm going to run the drags. Since I moved, it's now a 2 hour one way drive to the track and the nittos sucked worse than my streets last time. :bang:

Those 60's gotta be on the juice right? What were your NA 60's since you added the Edge stall?

The 1.98 was launching at WOT then hitting the juice a half car length out.

I only ran twice N/A since the stall. Both were 2.02-2.04 (I think).... neither run was agressive enough to spin my street tires. Both were foot stalled to about 2,500 - let off the brake the same time as going to WOT and no spin.

If I would stop playing with trying to get into the 12s and run N/A I think I could get a low 14 out of it. It's like I have two different cars and I keep trying to do miracle with both in one night...

Sounds dumb, but when you run a club like I do... you get challenged by everyone and their cousin. So I play along, and it's hurting my times. :nonono:

gcomfx.com said:
I only ran twice N/A since the stall. Both were 2.02-2.04 (I think).... neither run was agressive enough to spin my street tires. Both were foot stalled to about 2,500 - let off the brake the same time as going to WOT and no spin.
Yeah that is exactly how I launch mine except with a stock stall its more like 2000 rpms or a little more if I let the wheels spin some at the line. I would love to launch at 2500. And if you tune NA you will run low 14's for sure.

all my friends with stalls get the best 60 foots by flashing.

flashing hits the tires much harder than a footbrake hardest hitting being a transbrake of course. its a flash that multiplies torque and makes the big numbers you see out of stalled cars on the dyno.

take my roomates car for example. a 6 speed version of his car would make 41X / 380s

his car made 404/424 because its through a stalled auto

Dropped another 2 tenths with flashing.

I was on streets and dropped that 14.58 to a 14.38 and added another mph. :nice:

Didn't get the N/A tune in until the trip home.... it woke the car up some more... :D I think I'm getting close to a 14 flat.... :nice:

gcomfx.com said:
Full Time Slip:

.61 Reaction

2.07 60ft
5.94 330ft
9.18 1/8 ET
75.75 MPH
12.00 1000 ET
86.62 1000 MPH
14.38 1/4 ET
94.71 1/4 MPH

what tires are you using? your 60ft is killing you. i was able to get a 2.04 60ft with the stock converter on good tires. are you flashing it from 1000-1200rpms?
i did think about coming back to pits and yanking pass. seat to get the 12.999 but i wanted to do it the way its driven everday."exept spare and jack"

rsw007 said:
what tires are you using? your 60ft is killing you. i was able to get a 2.04 60ft with the stock converter on good tires. are you flashing it from 1000-1200rpms?
i did think about coming back to pits and yanking pass. seat to get the 12.999 but i wanted to do it the way its driven everday."exept spare and jack"

I have good tires.... they aren't spinning at all. Actually it was bogging a bit. My street tires hook better than my nittos D/Rs.