swaybar delete results

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
this morning i took off my front sway bar, came out easy, 4 bolts and 2 for the end links. The bar is actually alot heavier than it looks. took the car out for a test. Steering around corners definatly feels different. Has more of the big luxury car feel, the body rolls alot easier, not good for corner carving, but i am all about drag so i dont car about corners. But the car still drives good and feels fine.

I goosed on it, the front end seems a little lighter, you can sort of feel it i guess. Probably not might just be the placebo.

While you cant really feel the gain i am sure its there and should be able to tell a difference at the track maybe.

I am hoping this swaybar delete. SFCs and better rear control arms with poly bushings, that the car will hook better and will be capable of maybe 1.7 60's which will definatly help on my quest for a high 12 sec pass lol

later.

• Sponsors (?)

I deleted my sway bar a few months ago, If I was all about drag I could live with the body roll, but I am getting more into corner carving now, and I am going autox'ing in a few months so I just cant live with the body roll anymore, my sway bar is going back on. Sway bar is just about 20 pounds, it may help but you wont notice anything except insane body roll, take off your ac and smog pump run a short belt and then youll notice a difference. If the body roll gets too much go with a steeda lightweight drag sway bar, I think its like 8 pounds or something, Im going with an MM when i get some more money.

ok thanks, I broke my plastic things to to get them off, I was told it will go on without the plastic just wanted to make sure, sorry for stealing thread.