T5 swap worth it?

rcmustang17

Sep 22, 2007
I've got some money to spend on my car but I don't know what I should do first. I have a stock 94 GT with an auto. First option is a AODE to T5 swap with a used 94-95 T5 and maybe a short throw shifter. Second option is 3.73 gears, edelbrock intake, TB, CAI, Cobra front bumper, and s281 spoiler. Eventually I will end up doing both but what should I do first? I think the T5 swap will make driving a little more exciting but the other option would make me a little quicker and look better. I know its ultimately up to me but I would like to hear what you guys would do.

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on how much you really like that specific Mustang. I wanted a manual but I wasn't particularly attached to that Mustang, so I just bought a different Mustang with a manual. Of course, you'd need to sell the auto car afterward.

If you want to keep that Mustang, definitely do the T5 swap. You will have better acceleration with everything else the same. My T5 GT has 3.08 gears in the back, and it feels faster and peppier than my AODE GT with 3.73's. Both engines are stock.

if you do go for the swap,try to find a wrecked stang with a t5.
that way,you will have all the parts you need,then part out the rest of the car and make some money on the deal.