TCP Rumor

• Sponsors (?)

gp001 said:
Lino,

Thanks for posting and keeping us up to date. It's nice when manufacturers and vendors (Mustang Depot) are involved with us at this level.

Agreed.

And mark me down for another that would be interested in a more mid-level option.

i also would be interested in a midpoint between serious race components and stock stuff. i just dont drive my car hard enough to justify the price for the top of the line stuff, but would love better components for the street.

so there not going out of business? thats good.

i would buy their stuff if it wasn't so expensive. i mean come on. $5,500US for a bunch of metal and coil overs? you could easily make it yourself for under 1k.. i dunno its just way to much money for what it is for me.

but i am glad that their ok, it looks pretty cool.

Good stuff!

Hi all!

Let me say that I'm not afiliated with TCP in any way! I purchased their coil over kit for my 65 fastback. When I brought it to my base to install it the guys from the machine shop were blown away by their quailty. I kid you not, every guy in that shop came over to admire their welds. I know many of their components are expensive, but in this case you absolutlely get what you pay for! Best of luck to you folks!

One thing: I sure wish you'd offer the option of BLACK powder coating. It was a darn shame that I had to media blast the blue off and paint it black. The blue simply looked silly against my poppy red paint. (Despite the fact I'm a Florida Gator!)

dolfan87 said:
Lino, I talked to a really nice lady yesterday, and she said that you guys were waiting on the rod ends.

My name is Gram Messer, if you have a more solid date of shipment.

Good news Gram! Rod ends will be in this week and your order should ship by the end of next week.

Psydwaze, CHECK YOUR VOICEMAIL AT WORK! I LEFT YOU A MESSAGE.

I TOO HAVE ABSOLUTLY NO

I GOT A POWER RACK AND PINION ABOUT A MONTH AGO, ORDERED THROUGH JMC MOTORSPORTS IN SAN DIEGO. I MUST SAY, IN THE BEGINNING I WAS ONE OF THE BELIEVERS THAT I COULD BUILD A RACK AND PINION AND SAVE MYSELF ALL THIS MONEY. WELL I GOT PRETTY FAR. I JUST CAN'T REALLY BUILD THE PIECE OF MIND YOU GET FROM QUALITY PARTS LIKE TCP'S RACK!

I LOVE MY NEW RACK AND WILL SAY THIS EVERYTIME.

I DO LIKE THE ABLVE ADVICE, BUILD A CHEAPER VERSION, NOT ALL OF US NEED PARTS THAT ARE THIS WELL ENGENEERED. DON'T GET ME WRONG, TCP STUFF IS TOP OF THE LINE, BUT I DON'T NEED LOWER CONTROLL ARMS LIKE YOURS.

HOW ABOUT A COMPAREATIVE STOCK STYLE BOXED UPPER AND LOWER CONTROL ARM WITH THE WEDGE BUILT IN? MAYBE JUST THE FRAME? LET US ADD THE BALL JOINT AND THE SAFT KIT.

I ALSO LIKE A LARGER SELECTION OF COLORS, LIKE BLACK. I REALIZE THE BLUE IS YOUR TRADE MARK, BUT ITS JUST PLANE UGLY.LAST OF ALL,

i'll have to go with wanting a mid-level set of components as well. i'm not too much into handling right now, but i can guarantee you if i ever were, i would neither be able to afford, nor be too interested in the ultra-top-of-the-line parts you guys carry. for track guys it's great, but for a daily driver/street guy such as myself it's just kinda overkill...

well i thought tcp products would be great and for the price, should last a long time. well i bought a power rack and pinion from a guy who had it new, but unused,so i didnt get a receipt,
and the damn thing came apart inside the rack on the leftside twice. it cost me $500 to get it rebuilt, and this happened about 2 months ago. and ive only had the rack for a year, and the car has only been up and running about 9 months of that year.

for a $2500 piece of equipment , i would have thought it would be stronger than it is. everyonce in a while i gte scared driving my car because i think the steering is gonna go out.

i also have the KRC p/s pum, and the whole setup quite frankly feels like my original ps setup and i wish i had just stuck to that.

im not trying to slam tcp and say there products suck or anything, because i know alot of people arehappy with their products, but they just didnt work out for me. these rack problems kept me from purchasing the coil over setup.

i would probabaly be in for a mid level line of stuff too. like a leass expensive rack for one, but i'm sure Lino is getting tired of hearing me say that. i think i said it about 500 times in the big thread that Corpse started last year

66fstbk said:
...i bought a power rack and pinion from a guy who had it new, but unused, ... the damn thing came apart inside the rack on the leftside twice.

We had a dozen or so power racks that shipped nearly two years ago that were not degreased properly. This was causing the shaft/ram to unscrew. (Loctite doesn't adhere to lubricants very well.) This does not interfere with the mechanical operation of the rack gear only the hydraulic assist. Most of the racks were returned for repair but after switching hands so many times it becomes nearly impossible to track all of them.

...i also have the KRC p/s pum, and the whole setup quite frankly feels like my original ps setup...

I'm not sure if you purchased the pump directly from us or with the rack. The stock flow fitting on the pump should be anodized blue. If you have a black fitting its possible it has one of the higher flow rate fittings. If the blue fitting is still in place there are a couple of other things we can try.

You can drop a couple pounds of pressure in the front tires. The rating listed on the tire is the maximum pressure. (32-40 lbs psi depending on brand and size) A slightly lower tire pressure will give a heavier feel to the steering and eliminate a bit of harshness or vibration from the road. Playing around with tire pressures is a great way to fine tune a car. NASCAR is a perfect example of where a 1/2 lbs. psi makes a huge difference in the feel and performance of the vehicle.

The next option isn't free but would be the next step to get this thing driving the way its supposed to. Take a trip to your local alignment shop and add another degree or two of caster to get some more 'feeling' at the wheel. I'm guessing they set it up a bit light on the caster. I'd recommend at least 2.5 - 3 degrees positive caster.

Note: Additional caster also helps the wheel return to center and reduces wandering.

im not trying to slam tcp... but they (products) just didnt work out for me.

I personally am a believer in the products we carry and if they aren't performing up to your expectations or doing what we say they would do, let me or TCP know so we can get things tuned/adjusted/fixed whatever we need to do. Even if you didn't purchase directly from us don't hesitate to call us or contact me here at SN.

(888) 685-1790

bnickel said:
i would probabaly be in for a mid level line of stuff too. like a leass expensive rack for one, but i'm sure Lino is getting tired of hearing me say that. i think i said it about 500 times in the big thread that Corpse started last year

Not you again... J/K
Keep being the squeaky wheel, public opinion can change the world.

Not you again... J/K
Keep being the squeaky wheel, public opinion can change the world.

i think you need to grease me then........................ummmm...........maybe this post belongs in the gutter. J/K

so are there any plans in the works for a less expensive rack?

samwe said:
Innovation?? I haven't seen them make anything innovative.
Well, TCP was among the first (if not the first) to offer a bolt-in rack&pinion steering rack system. Add to that the X-brace system for their subframe connector kit, and several other components. Admittedly, they didn't necessarily invent the ideas and originate the technology, but certainly they should be credited with bringing this kind of stuff to the mainstream of the Mustang hobby. And remember, the key word here is BOLT-IN . Not every contribution to the world has to be so significant that it revolutionizes the world, but good contributions in the right ways can still be innovative.

Oh, and
mdjay said:
They're already on the market from Maier Racing!
http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineC...nsion/maier.htm
These are exactly the kind of thing I was interested in, and I think a bit of competetion in the market place would help bring prices down a touch. I think Maiers' prices are still a bit steep, by maybe 10%.

I have worked with Lino and Terry, and they are first rate. When the twin turbo fastback hits the road, I will be giving credit where credit is due! I have almost everything they make on my car. I'm proud to own every part!
Eric