Tentative rules for SN of the Month

BlownFiveLiter

have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Chicagoland
Alright, here's a set of tentative rules for SN of the Month. I decided to change a little from the Fox of the Month rules. Any suggestions on additional changes are welcome, so we can get started.

Rules for SN of the Month

1. Any member’s car from the 94-95 section is eligible for nomination to be SN of the Month.
2. Nomination shall last for five days, and then a poll will be posted to vote for the winner.
3. You may nominate only one car and you can not nominate your own car.
4. Once a car is nominated, it is entered in the competition. Additional nominations for the same car will be removed.
5. Please submit multiple photos to vote upon if possible. Also, please keep resolution less than or equal to 800 x 600 pixels for ease of viewing within both the nomination and voting threads.
6. In the event of a tie, a vote will be taken of the two cars, to determine the winner.
7. As much as we like to comment on pictures and members’ cars, please keep comments to a minimum in the nomination and voting threads.
8. Every 94-95 is eligible for SN of the Month, however you may only win the monthly competition once per calendar year, so past winners are ineligible for SN of the Month until the new year.

• Sponsors (?)

I'll make that easy and start them myself. Just have to get the rules squared away. Is there anything about the FOTM rules you'd change, Adam? Just like to see it be all in good fun, personally.

I'd say give it another day so more people could take a peek at the rules and see if anything needs changing, or any additions need to be made. I'll post a SNOTM nomination thread tomorrow after we get some more views on this thread.

What I was hoping to do was get a forumwide vote going last month. Get everyone to put together a set of rules for every section, then at the end of the year, have each section take a vote of the monthly winners to nominate a car for a vote of StangNet Mustang of the Year. That's what's been the biggest delay in getting this started in the first place. I was trying to get everyone on board, and we'd give away some sort of prize, but now it appears that's not happening, so we're just gonna go ahead with our little section. :flag: :canada:

When someone enters their car for the month is it pictures only or do you want a brief run down about the car as far as mods/history anything like that? Im going to do this but Im going to wait a few months, I have some new stuff going on the car and Id like to get some better pics other then the once that Ive already posted all over here.

What I was hoping to do was get a forumwide vote going last month. Get everyone to put together a set of rules for every section, then at the end of the year, have each section take a vote of the monthly winners to nominate a car for a vote of StangNet Mustang of the Year. That's what's been the biggest delay in getting this started in the first place. I was trying to get everyone on board, and we'd give away some sort of prize, but now it appears that's not happening, so we're just gonna go ahead with our little section. :flag: :canada:

Sounds cool, but the hell with the rest of them. Thats when you start having problems anyway, as you can see. We have a good little community here, we can make something like this work.

I think what StangGT1995 Means is that each section will have cars to vote on, such as the newer Mustangs and our section. Each section will pick from their monthly winners to nominate a car from their section for car of the year, each section will put the car they nominated into the mix for a total best car of stangnet for the year. I think that's what you mean right?

If so I think its a good idea b/c it gets more of the board members involved. It will bring about cross voting knowing these polls for car of the month would be in other sections. Frankly Id hate to see the same members from one section voting on the cars every month. Everyone here knows what everyone else drives or have seen them in person. Would be better to bring in some fresh view points for voting.

Good to see you guys are still around!

Hrmmm...SN of the Month?

Sounds like a pretty nifty idea! Good job Mike, and Matt for getting the ball rolling.

Now I HAVE to get my car finished up...