The new 5.0 in a SN95???

all the tech knowledge in the world doesn't seem to help with the fact that we're only seeing a half a dozen active tech threads in an average day in the SN95 section...

I wonder how much that has to do with the typicaly answers around here these days are:
1) "don't [inset out of the ordinary plan] just get a super charger it's cheaper"
or:
2) "sell your [insert SN95 model] and get a 2011. they ride better, handle better and are faster"

IMO it doesn't take too much of that before people start to move on to greener pastures

I wonder if guys in the Fox sections get these sorts of threads too?...or is it just here and the MustnagII places? ;)

• Sponsors (?)

I would not trust MMR to build me a weed eater let alone a 7k worth of car parts. WAY toooo many horror stories and shotty service.

Can you bring some proof to that? :shrug:

MMR has a pretty damn solid reputation. I'm not saying your BS'ing, but I've personally heard very little negative, and on forums that they are participants of, they will step in and help their customers with any questions/problems and I've seen them offer to replace broken parts if it's a manufacturing fault.

I would not trust MMR to build me a weed eater let alone a 7k worth of car parts. WAY toooo many horror stories and shotty service.

Can you bring some proof to that? :shrug:

MMR has a pretty damn solid reputation. I'm not saying your BS'ing, but I've personally heard very little negative, and on forums that they are participants of, they will step in and help their customers with any questions/problems and I've seen them offer to replace broken parts if it's a manufacturing fault.

Maybe so, maybe not. I don't know, but I've always heard good things about MMR. And it was just for price comparison anyways.

S197forum.com has a ridiculous amount of horror stories from many members. I also seen first hand two that had low compression in one cylinder from the rings not being set right. But if you want the entertaining end of the stories i suggest reading up on s197forums and just search you will find it and will change your mind on buying from them.

Got word of a fellow forum member going 12.5 tonight in his stock 5.0. We chatted over the phone while he was at the track. He will probably post up soon. DA was -300-400+, but still a very fast pass. In 10 years, GT's have gone from 98-101mph stock, to 110-115mph stock, and they gained weight. Very awesome!

Got word of a fellow forum member going 12.5 tonight in his stock 5.0. We chatted over the phone while he was at the track. He will probably post up soon. DA was -300-400+, but still a very fast pass. In 10 years, GT's have gone from 98-101mph stock, to 110-115mph stock, and they gained weight. Very awesome!
It has been posted :nice:

The powerplant loves to be revved and has potential. I imagine it would be really fun in a stripped down (think GTS type) sn95

Yeah, it was a stripped down 2v car. Not sure what the actual weight difference was, but it was not that much. My good buddy in high school had one, not much different than my 98 without leather. It was like 30 pounds at HRP, but that was a decade ago.

The problem is that everyone is agreeing with Gearbanger. EVERYONE here has acknowledged that the Coyote is far superior to pretty much any motor previously put in a Mustang, especially a 2 valve. YES, the 5.0 is a far more efficient motor. YES, the 5.0 is much stronger in stock form than a 2 valve 4.6. YES, the car that motor goes in is much more refined, better handling, more comfortable car. YES, it comes with a nice warranty. We all agree with those points. No one here is debating any of that.

The only point that BurningRubber and Tank_567 is making is that it would be much more cost efficient to build and boost an existing 4.6 motor than swap in a new 5.0 and boost it. The price of $17,000 has come up several times as a minimum cost it would take to swap in 5.0 and boost it to the level of around 600 rwhp. (I would prefer getting the entire new car, but that would be $30,000+ and even further illustrate our point). For $17k, you can build one hellacious 2 valve. Here, I'll break it down. I'm leaving drivetrain and labor out of it because I'm assuming it would be about the same for either.

MMR1000 5.0 stroker with all the goodies: $4000
Ported and polished (by MMR) Trickflow heads: $3000
Custom cams and required upgrades: $1000
Intake and required upgrades: $1000
Big turbo or Procharger: $6000

That totals a very liberal $15000, which leaves $2000 for miscellaneous stuff and a tune. I'm not particularly knowledgeable in terms of big horsepower builds, but I suspect that setup would make 800+ rwhp with plenty of room for more. A 600 rwhp Coyote would not stand a snowball's chance in hell of keeping up with this motor in terms of power.

I am not saying that this motor will be more fuel efficient than a 5.0. I am not saying that this motor would be comparable for daily driving. I do not care that we are comparing a built motor to a stock motor. All I am saying (and BurningRubber and tank_567) is that, dollar for dollar, you can build a faster 2 valve motor much more powerful than you can buy a new 5.0 and boost it.

Now do not misunderstand me, Gearbanger. I know how much technical knowledge you have and how well you can get it across, and for that I must give you the utmost respect. I agree with about 99% of your points on any topic, including this one. The new 5.0 is the best motor and the best car that Ford has ever built. But to suggest that I can't build and boost a 2 valve to make more power for the same $17k it would cost to swap in a stock 5.0 and put a base model blower on it is just silly. That's the only point any of us here are making.

uh. no. buy a forged 4.6 4v longblock and turbocharge it. 800-1000 hp easy. but it aint an all motor coyote. period.

my sn weighs 2973 without me in it. i weigh 275 these days. a coyote in that car would rival vette's. 435rwhp and 3000lbs. bad to the bone. on motor alone.

to get that kind of performance I HAD TO TURBO MY 4V. Of course it would murder a coyote in any all motor form, but i had to do it with FI. near impossible on motor. people are begining to talk about 500rwhp with everything on motor. its just talk right now. heads and cams are expected to really wake a coyote up in the 7500rpm range.

guys that build it all motor for full race....man who knows. 8000rpms minimum. the motor loves that kind of rpms. if i was building it id use the same lightweight i-beams i am using on the 4v. they weigh a few grams less than h-beams and are 50 percent stronger. spin that bitch to the moon.