Build Thread The Offical 1990coupe Progress Thread

Ford dealer should have it. I beleive that part is used up to 2004, so we are good on a supply til 2014....then we'll need to look aftermarket.

Anytime you drop your tank, you pretty much need a new gasket. They are getting old

yupp. its the same part number. im replacing one in the 01 GT after school tomm. its nice having a new edge to drive and a fox.

I'll check at my local ford dealer next weekend. I have a stacked weekend this week. Meeting up with 25th to take some asbury park pics :nice: Then i'm going to watch him and his fam run at e-town this weekend.

PS: Ryan, you got an 01 gt too :shrug:

Hey Coupe!!!! Just got home from bowling. The beers were flowing tonight!!

Anyways...The Ford dealer might still carry that gromet for the tank. I've had those go bad too. If they don't have it, Mustang Parts & Accessories - 50resto has them.

I'm glad that MAF worked out! It has got to be awesome to have the thing running and driving!! I want to check that thing out next summer.

Beers FTW!!!

I'll see if my ford dealer has it. If not i'll pick it up from LMRS. Its so bad ass having the car running! I drove it to the alignment shop this AM before work. It's getting a full front end alignment. I pick it up at 145, then i'll probably drive it around for a while!! I wanted it done by halloween and what do you know! Today is halloweeen!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

I think the Fiance and I are going to take a road trip out there this summer, so you'll be able to see it. Isn't the Henry Ford Museum out there somewhere?

• Sponsors (?)

Beers FTW!!!
I'll see if my ford dealer has it. If not i'll pick it up from LMRS. Its so bad ass having the car running! I drove it to the alignment shop this AM before work. It's getting a full front end alignment. I pick it up at 145, then i'll probably drive it around for a while!! I wanted it done by halloween and what do you know! Today is halloweeen!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:
I think the Fiance and I are going to take a road trip out there this summer, so you'll be able to see it. Isn't the Henry Ford Museum out there somewhere?

Hell yeah beers last night, hell no beers this morning...I feel very light headed...:nonono:

That is so nice you got it done while the weather is still good. You'll be able to put a few hundred miles on it before storing it. That should hold you over til the spring....yeah right...does that ever work?? I think about driving my cars all winter long...:D

Yeah man, if you two come up, me and my girlfriend can take you guys to some cool spots. Henry Ford Museum is about 50 miles from me. Not far at all. There will be lots of cool stuff to do. WW, HFM, lots of cool places to go out to eat/drink.

Justin, sucks about the gasket but I had to do one for my friends car, and it's to too too bad. Kind of tight working area if you don't take everything out. Does it leak when the tank is filled or only to a certain level?

Saturday night I figure we snag the photos, then maybe grab some food and drinks somewhere. I'm very cautious with having a few beers when I'm driving the fox. I'm far from against hanging out and having a few though! :D

Any big Mustang events between Mich and CT? :D even though I do have family in Mich.

Meh its ok. I have to expect some bugs that will need to be worked out. For the time being if i keep like, 3/4 of a tank of gas in it, she won't leak. I'm going to try to find a gasket and replace it before the winter really sets in.

As far as storing it..... Since I just got it done, i'm not going to store it this winter. I worked too hard on it just to put it in storage. If its a 20 degree day, and its bright and sunny out, you bet your ass i'm driving that ******!!!!!!

25th i'm feelin a road trip in the summer :D

That would be bad ass!!

I just got the car back from the alignment place - they were unable to set the toe cause he said i had some up and down play in my driver side wheel :shrug: I think it has something to do with the 4cyl struts and the spacers i made. I'm going to pull the wheel off, and tighten them as much as i can. Also im going RIGHT NOW to the autoparts store to rent a tie rod press. Going to turn the driverside out a bit more. Maybe i can straighten the wheel and make it not "plow" so much. At this rate i'll destroy the tires in no time!

Dude...just looked at the vid of the car when the MAF killed it, and man do those 18's look effing good on there!! I can't wait to see some nice pics of the car with the sun gleaming off of it...18's FTMFW!

I'll get some pics up when i get home :)

Thanks man!! So glad i went with the 18's, It looks just so bad ass!!!!

I know you'll get pics up, time is flying by today. I'll be on a little bit tonight. I have research paper to write though. 10 pages on Mexico and Cuba due on Wednesday, and I haven't started a thing!!! OMG..

Anyways, I'll check in this thread tonight when I see your name on "last posted" :nice:

I agree get some photos... the car looked badass in person. Actually your stance might be better than mine, mines just too damn low for me.

Impressive to see it happen so clean, quick and cheap... Exactly what foxes are about!

Some pics :) Been sick as a dog yesterday and today. The car needs some body work now in a new rear bumper and some rust on the hatch. I also need some new weatherstripping and a new coat of white paint. Anywhoo, the car ias 700+ miles on it and she's a blast to drive!! :)

IMG_6490.jpg

IMG_6491.jpg

IMG_6492.jpg

IMG_6494.jpg

IMG_6496.jpg

IMG_6498.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6504.jpg

IMG_6505.jpg

IMG_6506.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6490.jpg
    IMG_6490.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6491.jpg
    IMG_6491.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_6492.jpg
    IMG_6492.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6494.jpg
    IMG_6494.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_6496.jpg
    IMG_6496.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6498.jpg
    IMG_6498.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6501.jpg
    IMG_6501.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6504.jpg
    IMG_6504.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6505.jpg
    IMG_6505.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6506.jpg
    IMG_6506.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 103
Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want more pics actually!! HAHA. Every touch of the car looks great. You did a fantstic job on the engine bay. Take some shots of the rear quarter/tire. I like shots that show how wide the wheels are and how they sit out near the edge.

Great work bro!! :nice: