Installed:

IMG_6524.jpg

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6527.jpg

IMG_6528.jpg

For SVT:

IMG_6521.jpg

IMG_6522.jpg

My only gripe is the fact that they are not polished all the way up and over the rear axle. I needed these pipes though because of how they are routed because of the rear tire size. All in all though i think they look bad ass which was the goal :)

Attachments

• IMG_6511.jpg
    IMG_6511.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6514.jpg
    IMG_6514.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_6524.jpg
    IMG_6524.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6525.jpg
    IMG_6525.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_6527.jpg
    IMG_6527.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6528.jpg
    IMG_6528.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_6521.jpg
    IMG_6521.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6522.jpg
    IMG_6522.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Sponsors (?)

sweet pipes man!! how do you like what they did to your exhaust note? those look like 2.5" (?) i'll be ordering a set of the 3" flowmaster tails soon... the tails i have on my coupe now are hacked up stock LX tails the PO welded cheesy 3" tips onto :mad:

Chris :nice:

Nope they are 3" flowmaster pipes. They route differently then standard LX tails. Before them i only had dumps, and there was a drone and such, i like the sound MUCH better with the tailpipes. I'll try to get a sound clip up in a few days :)

Haha yea man it changed the sound a little bit. I can be in like 5th gear at 1400 rpm and not go deaf anymore lol.

So i was thinking, what if i paint the half of the exhaust thats now polished black with some header paint????

Suggestions?? :shrug:

Haha yea man it changed the sound a little bit. I can be in like 5th gear at 1400 rpm and not go deaf anymore lol.

So i was thinking, what if i paint the half of the exhaust thats now polished black with some header paint????

Suggestions?? :shrug:

Hmmm....that might work, tailpipes don't get as hot as headers, but they still get hot. I actually like the polished tips man...goes good with the wheels. I would just wetsand the half of the pipes that are NOT polished and by them time you start....say 600-800-1000-1500-2000 grit and polished them with some aluminum polish, the rest of those pipes should match the polished tips.

Hmmm....that might work, tailpipes don't get as hot as headers, but they still get hot. I actually like the polished tips man...goes good with the wheels. I would just wetsand the half of the pipes that are NOT polished and by them time you start....say 600-800-1000-1500-2000 grit and polished them with some aluminum polish, the rest of those pipes should match the polished tips.

No way? you mean i could actually polish up the unpolished part a little bit???? I didn't know that :shrug:

Justin the pipes look great and fit like a charm huh?

I had the exact same gripe as you, and wondered about grinding down the weld (you know where the polished meets the satin) and then polishing it up past where you see. I'm not sure why they didn't do this from Flowmaster but then again, I dont know why anyone does anything.

I will have those tailpipes again, someday!

Justin the pipes look great and fit like a charm huh?

I had the exact same gripe as you, and wondered about grinding down the weld (you know where the polished meets the satin) and then polishing it up past where you see. I'm not sure why they didn't do this from Flowmaster but then again, I dont know why anyone does anything.

I will have those tailpipes again, someday!

They fit and look awesome. The fact that they are not polished all the way up kills me, but i think i'm going to attempt to polish them up a little bit. I love how they route under the gas tank it gives it almost the look of an IRS in a way. I actually had a muffler shop weld them up for me, this way i knew it was done right. Its the only work i've had done on the car by someone else minus the alignment :)

I may have to try to grind off the welds, or get them smooth.

EDIT: ORRRR i could put a cobra rear bumper on it to hide those welds?

They fit and look awesome. The fact that they are not polished all the way up kills me, but i think i'm going to attempt to polish them up a little bit. I love how they route under the gas tank it gives it almost the look of an IRS in a way. I actually had a muffler shop weld them up for me, this way i knew it was done right. Its the only work i've had done on the car by someone else minus the alignment :)

I may have to try to grind off the welds, or get them smooth.

EDIT: ORRRR i could put a cobra rear bumper on it to hide those welds?

Another option might be powdercoating them. I'm planning on powdercoating mine in "almost chrome". It looks as close to polished aluminum/chrome as I think you could get. Plus, the finish would be durable and easy to clean. They make "header" powdercoatings in some finishes(black,silver,grey) also. I think with the reduced heat at the tails, they would be fine powdercoated. Just an option. Car looks great!

PS: If your thinking about a cobra bumper, please do the rest of the ground effects also, JMHO.

Is that a trailer hitch i see under there??

Yes thats a trailer hitch!!! If I had jet skis, I too would have a hitch on my car :D.

Cant hurt to go to town on the tails this winter. If you mess up, maybe pay someone to polish them?

HELLLL yes thats a tow hitch!!!!

unfortunately its extremely rusted and i think it would fall off if i were to tow anything. I'm going to remove it in the near future when we have a warm day.

Another option might be powdercoating them. I'm planning on powdercoating mine in "almost chrome". It looks as close to polished aluminum/chrome as I think you could get. Plus, the finish would be durable and easy to clean. They make "header" powdercoatings in some finishes(black,silver,grey) also. I think with the reduced heat at the tails, they would be fine powdercoated. Just an option. Car looks great!

PS: If your thinking about a cobra bumper, please do the rest of the ground effects also, JMHO.

I was considering powder coating them, but i just had them all welded up so i'd have to cut them to remove them. I think what i'm going to do is attempt to polish a small piece of it. If i can successfully do this, i'll go ahead and grind down the welds with my grinder, and polish just the areas that are visible from behind, and the side.