Build Thread The Offical 1990coupe Progress Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Good luck man. I hope it fixes it. It sucks you have such a weird issue, especially after hacing the wrong harness in the car. Those two headaches aren't terrible though.

I remember the day I found out I had to weld a plate on my firewall after it was painted...That PISSED ME OFF!! It's funny now though.

Good luck man. I hope it fixes it. It sucks you have such a weird issue, especially after hacing the wrong harness in the car. Those two headaches aren't terrible though.

I remember the day I found out I had to weld a plate on my firewall after it was painted...That PISSED ME OFF!! It's funny now though.

Yea it did piss me off at first. I was like how the heck could i do that! But it wasn't that much work to fix it (after help from 2 buddies, pizza and some bud light lime :nice:)

The MAF has me wierded out too. It runs SO good with it disconnected i just don't understand :shrug:

Yeah just borrow someone elses you know works fine and try it out? Its free and might be the problem.

Yes BL Lime is good stuff as well! Do they sell it all winter?

Oh yeah...they'll sell it all winter. I try to limit myself to 2 or 3, then switch to regular Bud Light. Too much of that sweet stuff gives me one helluva hangover.

Also...Sam Adams has their Winter Lager out know...saw it last night when I was shopping. :D

you forgot Rockband...so it was Pizza, BL Lime, and Rockband!!!

I would've offered my MAF, however I have a BBK CAI and those stupid silicone couplers are melted onto the MAF...and last time I took it apart I had to rip them off.

I guess they're just crappy grade silicone or something :shrug: and no, my car doesn't run hot.

you forgot Rockband...so it was Pizza, BL Lime, and Rockband!!!

I would've offered my MAF, however I have a BBK CAI and those stupid silicone couplers are melted onto the MAF...and last time I took it apart I had to rip them off.

I guess they're just crappy grade silicone or something :shrug: and no, my car doesn't run hot.

CRAP i forgot!

Pizza, teh beerz, and a few nasty songs on rock band FTW!!!!!!!!!

dang mang its quiet, ill post up a vid of rusty to show you how guiet mine is at the moment..

I actually like it alot. I'm not a fan of the sound of the dumps though, so i'll be putting tailpipes on it when funds allow. i don't know what kind to get, probably stock flowmaster tailpipes, or maybe the 3" ones that look pretty sweet :shrug:

CRAP i forgot!

Pizza, teh beerz, and a few nasty songs on rock band FTW!!!!!!!!!

I actually like it alot. I'm not a fan of the sound of the dumps though, so i'll be putting tailpipes on it when funds allow. i don't know what kind to get, probably stock flowmaster tailpipes, or maybe the 3" ones that look pretty sweet :shrug:

Stick to Flowmaster tails. In 2005 I went cheap on this 97 Cobra I was flippin, and the exhaust shop said those were the worst made Mustang tails they had ever seen. They were so close to my tire. I couldn't even put a 9" wheel back there. I don't know what brand they were, but they weren't Flowmaster tails.

I was going to Zip tie both my cables to the LCA i didn't know if that would be ok. If you did it, and its causing no problems, then i'll try it just for some added insurance. I don't want those cables rubbing on the tires.

So i took blue balls to the gas station tonight! She ran BEAUTIFUL. I filled her up, drove home, get out and my fiance and I smell gas :shrug:. Turns out the filler neck gasket is leaking at the gas tank. So i'll have to probably drop the tank and pull the gasket and replace it. I need to find a place that sells the gasket for the gas tank. Maybe my local ford dealer will have it?

Anywhoo, it has some creeks and rattles, but overall sounded great. Rides a little rough but thats ok. She rides like a muscle car!!! :nice:

Ford dealer should have it. I beleive that part is used up to 2004, so we are good on a supply til 2014....then we'll need to look aftermarket.

Anytime you drop your tank, you pretty much need a new gasket. They are getting old

Ford dealer should have it. I beleive that part is used up to 2004, so we are good on a supply til 2014....then we'll need to look aftermarket.

Anytime you drop your tank, you pretty much need a new gasket. They are getting old

yupp. its the same part number. im replacing one in the 01 GT after school tomm. its nice having a new edge to drive and a fox.

Hey Coupe!!!! Just got home from bowling. The beers were flowing tonight!!

Anyways...The Ford dealer might still carry that gromet for the tank. I've had those go bad too. If they don't have it, Mustang Parts & Accessories - 50resto has them.

I'm glad that MAF worked out! It has got to be awesome to have the thing running and driving!! I want to check that thing out next summer.