The steering wheel transmits ALL bumps

northy_polk

Jan 9, 2007
Alright folks I've had just about every piece of suspension on and off of the front of this car. Currently, it's 'back to stock' with the 'new' strut mounts as per the TSB. Not only do I still have the thunking noise, but every time I hit a bump the steering wheel jerks a little to the right [if I remember correctly it's to the right]. The bigger the bump, the more the wheel moves. I just had the car aligned. Everything else [swaybar, endlinks, etc.] should all be fine as they were all recently tightened.

Any suggestions on the source of this problem? I looked a little for a thread on this but it's sort of an odd one to search for.

[I'm just trying to get this car up to spec so I can get rid of it. It has been nothing but a disappointment for me since I bought it in Dec 2006. It sits in a garage because every time I drive it it just pisses me off with a new rattle/bump/noise/electrical hiccup. My 94 GT rides better and has proven to be much more enjoyable than this car.]

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. I guess unfortunately everyone gets a bad apple every now and again.

Assuming you haven't gone over 36k miles, it is still under warranty, so bring it in to the dealer.