Took the Mustang Muddin'... at 70 MPH

PoopDawg

Autozone Junkie
Founding Member
Jun 21, 2002
Orlando, FL
Haven't been on here in a while... This happened a couple weeks ago, but just came to check out the place and post this...

So one of my employees and I were driving to Kansas City for a Bridgestone Drive and Learn. I took the Mustang, and it was raining. I-35 is a Turnpike with exits in the middle while it's a toll road and we get off at an exit... When we went to leave... the guy with me asked me to get her a little sideways... Of course, I agreed... and while murging back onto the interstate I nailed it in 2nd... Well, she didn't exactly break traction, so I powershifted into third...

At about 70MPH, I lost control. Going completely sideways into a ditch, between two huge light poles. Thank God I missed them... Actually... I can't say I missed them cause I had absolutely no control over the car by then.

We go down into the ditch at about 70 MPH (which is about 5-6 feet deep) sideways, come out the other side... get some air.... Spin 8 times (counted how many) and came to a stop... By that time I'm ****ting my pants and appologizing to the guy with me for being so damn stupid... all he has to say is "HOLY **** THAT WAS AWESOME! Is your car ok?!". lol. I am extremely lucky both of us weren't killed.

The only damage to the Mustang was the front bumper got pushed up and blew out the lower black grill insert... blowing it into 1000 pieces. The bumper also tore a little on the bottom, which you can't see unless you lay on your back and look up at the front bumper. And a LOT of dirt and mud everywhere on the car. I actually kept the car moving so we didn't get stuck and got back up the little ditch we were in when it stopped spinning... and got back onto the asphault with no problems.

I actually have two extra prepaint bumpers, so I stole the lower grill out of one, and you can't even tell anything happened now.

But let me be the first to say it was an ass hole/idiot/stupid move on my part. Again, I'm just thankful no one got hurt and no one else was involved. I don't care about the car, I have insurance for that... I've got a my first kid on the way, and that would have been hell having my wife explain to them why I'm not around if something did happen.

I do have an aftermath video of it... I'll see if I can put it on photobucket tonight and post it. But I just thought I'd share my story and tell ya I'm still around!

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

Here's the video.... Excuse the lang. at the end...

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://img.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v398/Stang8URMPRT/2007%20Grabber%20Orange%20GT/meandnickdie.flv">

Holy crap! You're one lucky guy to not only have not gotten anyone hurt but also to have your car in such good shape. After a couple close encounters when I first got my Mustang I decided to leave the "fun" driving to when I'm alone in the car and there's absolutely no one else around.

WOW! That's F-ing Awesome! You guys are lucky and glad the car was okay too!

I had a bad scare with my old cobalt spun a 720* on a mountain road with a sheer cliff on the other end........I made it out alive, and the car was still driveable. Somehow the weight of the car flung it inside the turn and not outside OVERSTEER FTW!

Just take a little Tide and Snuggle, $#!t'll wash right out of those britches!