Top 5 ways to drop weight in 93 vert??

kr mstg

Jun 28, 2005
I have a 93 vert which i'm looking to drop weight and i have a couple of ideas but looking to see if anyone knows where any other weight can be dropped. any replies would be appreciated thanks

• Sponsors (?)

depends on how streetable you want it I guess.
Front sway bar
fog lights and brackets
spare tire, jack
fiberglass hood,hatch,fenders
lighter wheels.
back seat removal
sound deadening removal
AC removal
smog equipment removal
tubular K member, A arms

I am sure there are more but just how far can we go?
I mean our cars are heavy, make more power to over come it.

whtpny said:
depends on how streetable you want it I guess.
Front sway bar
fog lights and brackets
spare tire, jack
fiberglass hood,hatch,fenders
lighter wheels.
back seat removal
sound deadening removal
AC removal
smog equipment removal
tubular K member, A arms

I am sure there are more but just how far can we go?
I mean our cars are heavy, make more power to over come it.

Oh we can go deep, real deep. You shoudl see my list!!!

89CopCoupe said:
1. Sell the vert back to the woman you bought it from
2. Put a Honda drivetrain and chassis under it.
3. Get an aluminum head for the two-three
4. Run straight headers
5. Move to Mars
to all the children who read this drugs are very very bad for you... very very bad :D

And dude... I love my vert. But to be honest I originally bought it because my girlfriend came to me one evening and said "How hard would it be to cut the roof off of the 65" :jaw: <== what I did.. I went out the next day and bought a 89 vert for her. She rode in it for a while and said "I really dont like convertibles all that much". So now I love it :)

I was just messin' 'round ... see if I could get some blood boiling :D

I actually like verts quite a bit ... this would be my descending order of choice (black paint of course):

1. Coupe (notch)
2. LX Vert
3. '93 Cobra
3. GT Vert
4. LX Hatch
5. GT Hatch

(I think the GT ground effects are too prominent looking)

Verts are different

Yea I love the verts. I Love the way mine looks. Most mustang guys do have the coupes and when you smoke their ass they are at a lose of words. They are fun to cruise around in. And the wife and kids love it(also the ladys!). So yea they are an all around fast fun car! :hail2:

I like my 'vert as well.

The top five ways to drop weight off a 'vert in my book would be....

1.) Tubular K-Member/Arms
2.) Aluminum Heads
3.) Remove Power Steering
4.) Remove Power Brakes
5.) Remove A/C

That's all if you plan to go racing.

I like my P/S, P/B and A/C to work. So I say add more power to overome the weight of that stuff, but keep the K-Member/Arms and heads. The heads save weight and add hp. That's a win-win swap. :nice:

tjm73 said:
I like my 'vert as well.
So I say add more power to overome the weight of that stuff, but keep the K-Member/Arms and heads. The heads save weight and add hp. That's a win-win swap. :nice:
Yes add more power, but its always best to lighten the load cause then you gain power and increase mileage :nice: So if you slap on light weight heads that increased power + increased mileage (depending on the fuel consumption with the gained HP) + Lightened load for better control

Then again, lighter isn't always better. Say during the winter in heavy traffic over a patch of ice at a stop light :( tires tend to spin for a while when you let off the brake and at times I have even started to fish tail at a stand still into the next lane! Scary stuff I tell ya!

Oh and stripping the sound deading material under the hood is another way of lessening the load a little.

87MustangGT5.0 said:
Hell well it would be nice to be able to just put on a coupe trunk.

You can. I plan to do this. I have a trunk lid already. You have to drill new holes for the trunk hinges, which are different for a convertible. You also need a wing or somethignt o house the 3rd brake light. I plan to get a Cervini's Anniversary style wing. It will house the 3rd brake light needed for inspection. I need to get the wing still. Trying to save the $ for the wing now.