Toyota Camry's gunna start givin us a run for our money?

• Sponsors (?)

Gearbanger 101 said:
I was just going to mention how that regardless of their new found horsepower, they were still about 80-100lbs ft shy on torque in comparison to the 4.6L. Not gonna start sweating bullets yet. ;)
Didn't that Caroll Shelby character have some sort of clever saying about torque and HP? :p

danny04GT said:
They may have 268 hp, but they are still alot slower than a stock GT.

camry.jpg

Look at the trap speed. Race from a roll, and it's a drivers race. That is if your track allows racing from a roll, which you should decline because it's just gay :notnice:

Attachments

• camry.jpg
    camry.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 55
at least short buses have tinted windows.........:D

and back to the camry thing, i've been thinking that about alot of cars coming out lately. ALOT of vehicles are hitting that 300hp mark, or right around there. so it seems these days to have above average power you need a 360-400 at least. i bet cobra owners are loving it. 390 doesnt go out of style to quick :nice:
i always still get scared when a hemi 300C or like pulls up next to me. granted those are 5.7L but still, in a sedan.

speedfreak, i would love to tell you, if i only knew. i stole it off of another forum when i first joined here at stangnet.

i should find out though, because now i want to know too.

sorry i couldnt be of help. and i know, im an avatar "booster". call me Brian Spillner and lets call that that:rolleyes:

BrutalStang said:
at least short buses have tinted windows.........:D

and back to the camry thing, i've been thinking that about alot of cars coming out lately. ALOT of vehicles are hitting that 300hp mark, or right around there. so it seems these days to have above average power you need a 360-400 at least. i bet cobra owners are loving it. 390 doesnt go out of style to quick :nice:
i always still get scared when a hemi 300C or like pulls up next to me. granted those are 5.7L but still, in a sedan.

that's why i'm tellin you guys to switch to 5.4 3v or 4v. get out front asnd stay there.

ToplessStang said:
HP numbers really are on the way up. How about that new Dodge Caliber SRT-4. 300HP from a 4cyl. I still wouldn't drive one. Style does count for SOMETHING.

don't forget to mention that's a turbo 4cyl. the number of cylinders don't matter as much as the airflow thru them.