Toyota Camry's gunna start givin us a run for our money?

there are many cars out that can whoop my ass, hell there are plenty that can keep up. but if i wanted balls to the wall 1/4 mile i would not have bought my gt. i bought it because its a bad ass ride, performance/looks/drive/ all in one package. :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

some of these threads are retarded. how about we start the "hey watch out there is a 72" plasma on the way" or "your house is way to small, better catch up" or even better "i would not drive your girlfriend if you paid me"...cut the crap, drive what you like, and more important like what you drive....meatballs..!!!!! and by the way if i see one more post on "hey do you like imports" or "thinking of buying a neon" or even "i think i'm going to buy an evo because it has 4 doors" i'm gonna :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

exindust said:
I just heard a new ad on the radio for the new camry...

268 HP out of a 3.5 Liter VVT V6
240TQ

6 Speed Tranny

3340 Curb Weight

:shrug:

Actually according to the toyota website, the curb weight for the V6's is 3461 (LE V6), 3483 (SE V6), and 3516 (XLE V6) and they only come with 6 speed automatics.

I seen a new one yesterday looked nice to me. The thing about or cars there is a lot of room to grow. The v6 Camry comes pretty well maxed from the factory. Not to mention it's front wheel drive.

CatmanJJ said:
I think those people plunking down 15g+ over MSRP on GT500s are listening to him. :nice:
Like he had anything to do with the car besides his name.

jasonh_86 said:
:shrug:

Maybe it's just me but the new Accords are beautiful.. I'd love to have one over my Mustang.. If I could afford it, i'd trade my car in on a 2006 2-dr Accord V6
wow, talk about not being a mustang person. Please sell your stang to a person who deserves it.

wow being scared of camry's is sad. So what if they have 260 PEAK Hp, means nothing. they are still slow ass cars.

02LaserRed2V said:
+1

I really hope the LS1, LS2, and SRT4 guys never see this thread.
+2

i'm surprised everyone is soo scared of these little camrys. rather than buying a family car just bolt on a blower. then there is no competetion. i was beside a C5 vette the other day and he couldnt keep up with me. i pulled him at least 1 1/2 cars before the end of 3rd. he might have been a terrible driver but i can at least say i was faster than a vette:nice:

GT02MG said:
Its called technology
so going with higher compression, better cams, more timing, decent heads and more cubic inches means they use technology?All that is nothing new. Most new imports need premium to run, you know that right? All of that just means they can charge more for inferior cars.

mogs01gt said:
so going with higher compression, better cams, more timing, decent heads and more cubic inches means they use technology?All that is nothing new. Most new imports need premium to run, you know that right? All of that just means they can charge more for inferior cars.

Yeah right, what domestic fwd family sedan is a better car than the new V6 camry. Ford 500, Fusion, Impala, Malibu, Sebring, G6, Grand Prix, Bonneville, etc.

Oh and just so you know, not only does the 3.5L V6 make a pretty darn good 268hp, it also gets 31mpg highway, it does that on regular 87 octane gas. It does not require premium.

04DarkShadowGT said:
Yeah right, what domestic fwd family sedan is a better car than the new V6 camry. Ford 500, Fusion, Impala, Malibu, Sebring, G6, Grand Prix, Bonneville, etc.

Oh and just so you know, not only does the 3.5L V6 make a pretty darn good 268hp, it also gets 31mpg highway, it does that on regular 87 octane gas. It does not require premium.

I don't know much about the new camry but I can say the new ford 500 and fusion are really nice cars.. the 500 is a tad underpowered compared to the camry but it accelerates just fine and that cvt trans is nice too.

04DarkShadowGT said:

Ford has the new 3.5L comming out soon that makes 265hp on 87 octane. it will go in the 500, Mustang, and probably the Fusion as well. as far as the Camry V6, i believe you have to run higher octane to get the 268hp but it can use 87 octane and make less power. also, the Fusion was rated better by one of the car rags than the Camry. and that was with the Fusion at a .5L disadvantage.

SaleenGT2001 said:
+2

i'm surprised everyone is soo scared of these little camrys. rather than buying a family car just bolt on a blower. then there is no competetion. i was beside a C5 vette the other day and he couldnt keep up with me. i pulled him at least 1 1/2 cars before the end of 3rd. he might have been a terrible driver but i can at least say i was faster than a vette:nice:

everyone isn't afraid.

why are you worried now. like stated above, there are many faster cars on the road to worry about before the camry...acura tl, maxima, 350z, g35, + more.

they are all faster then the camry and they are not big threat to a stock gt if you can drive.

guess its time to mod. im more worried about smoking some ls1, vettes, chargers and anything else with a hemi...

i need my blower to feel really safe:D

DBMSTNG said:
Ford has the new 3.5L comming out soon that makes 265hp on 87 octane. it will go in the 500, Mustang, and probably the Fusion as well. as far as the Camry V6, i believe you have to run higher octane to get the 268hp but it can use 87 octane and make less power. also, the Fusion was rated better by one of the car rags than the Camry. and that was with the Fusion at a .5L disadvantage.

I am a big fan of the fusion, its a nice car and good looking for sure. But 227 or whatever hp is just pathetic for the top of the line midsize car. That is even worse in the 500. Ford should have released the new engine with the 500 when it came out.

Several companies (including GM) have had 240+ hp cars for a few years now. It seems Ford is always 2-3 years behind everyeone else. I mean look at the Ranger, its the same body style for what 12 years. It is the only compact pickup left and needed to be redesigned 3-4 years ago. GM, Dodge, Toyota, and Nissan all rock the rangers world in anything.

The only thing imo Ford is still the best in is the F150 and affordable performance carts (mustang).

mogs01gt said:

Uh they compard the hightest trim level SEL V6 Fusion to the mid level 4 cylinder Camry. Somehow I dont see that as a fair comparison. I priced out a still mid level LE Camry but with the V6, moonroof, premium sound, and premium accessory package and it was a total of $25,800 which dont you think would have been a better comparo for the $25,600 SEL Fusion.