TriAx clone?

1987Rock

May 2, 2007
I'm looking to get the Steeda Tri-Ax to replace my worn out PRO5.0. Look at these two links and blow up the pics and compare them side-by-side:

Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter and Mach 1 Shift Knob Combo Pack (T-5/T-45) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S2MY0U2H3L74432220316b~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000016d

The second one is labeled as a Ford Racing piece? Is it a rebadged Tri-Ax or did Ford copy it and make their own? :shrug: It's much cheaper so I'd like to go that route, but I wanted to see what y'all thought first.

• Sponsors (?)

just 70 buck?

wish i could say that,i need all the cash i can get.

looking at the ford racing catalog,it appears to be an unbranded tri ax,i think i read somewhere that steeda made the peice for ford racing,but cant recall where.try calling the dealer monday and asking.
Posted via Mobile Device

just 70 buck?

wish i could say that,i need all the cash i can get.

looking at the ford racing catalog,it appears to be an unbranded tri ax,i think i read somewhere that steeda made the peice for ford racing,but cant recall where.try calling the dealer monday and asking.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hear that! Looking at them, they do look like the same peice. I don't wanna cheap out, but if they're the same, I'm gonna get the Ford one. I'll let y'all know if I find anything out.

it's ford racing, they always get good parts and sell them cheaper. Like their springs are made by eibach, but nearly $100 cheaper. I would bank on them being exactly the same man....shoot, call up ford racing and ask them, I'm sure they'll tell you

i like mine.

Yeah, it's all a matter of opinion, but I always found the Tri-Ax to be notchy. I had someone give me one a few years ago. I tried it out and hated it. It's far better than a stock shifter, but if you have driven with a top end shifter like a Pro 5.0 or a B&M it's hard to go to something like a Tri-Ax. The notchiness of the Tri-Ax really slows down your shift, and it doesn't center as well as the top end shifters do either. I put my B&M back in the car and regifted the Tri-Ax.

Kurt

I should add though, that for that price, I would grab one up. If your finances are tight, and you aren't too worried about slamming gears at the track, that Motorsport shifter is a great deal. If you are going to end up paying in the $200 range for a shifter, you might as well buy the Pro 5.0. If you can find a used B&M, grab it, but the new ones don't come with stops.
]
Kurt

I should add though, that for that price, I would grab one up. If your finances are tight, and you aren't too worried about slamming gears at the track, that Motorsport shifter is a great deal. If you are going to end up paying in the $200 range for a shifter, you might as well buy the Pro 5.0. If you can find a used B&M, grab it, but the new ones don't come with stops.
]
Kurt

See, I've got a Pro 5.0 now and I think it's notchy...all opinion I guess :rolleyes:
I'm gonna wait till after school's out (May 8th) before I buy anything, but I'll probably pick one of those up

See, I've got a Pro 5.0 now and I think it's notchy...all opinion I guess :rolleyes:
I'm gonna wait till after school's out (May 8th) before I buy anything, but I'll probably pick one of those up

The Pro 5.0 isn't my favorite either, but a lot of guys swear by them. I definately prefer the B&M. But they pussed out and took the stops off of it, so I can't recommend one for a T-5.

Kurt