Turbo mustangs

• Sponsors (?)

judging by your combo with no heads or cam id say t60 is good. With H/C/I you might look towards the t70 though. keep your stock cam or run a exhaust oriented cam like a stage 1 or even an f cam i believe. A cool thing ive heard of is to run 1.7's on the exhaust side.

turbomustangs.com is an awesome place, check it out

good luck!

Drew

turbos are overrated... twin s/c is the way to go :rolleyes:

seriously, read read read! go to turbomustangs.com and just read. a turbo system is actually very simple, and even with stock h/c/i you can make killer power. i am planning on running a T70 with a .81 a/r. should see full boost at ~2800 rpm

Did someone say pics??

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

88_GT_5_oh said:
seriously, read read read! go to turbomustangs.com and just read. a turbo system is actually very simple, and even with stock h/c/i you can make killer power. i am planning on running a T70 with a .81 a/r. should see full boost at ~2800 rpm

What is .81 a/r.
What formula gets such a low boost?

size of the exhaust housing. that number i put is just a "geuss but not really". i am going off of other people who have similar setups and going by where they see full boost......not 100% accuarate but thats why i said about 2800 rpm

yeah mine with the .84ar exhaust and .7 afr compressor sees 13.5psi by about 3200rpm. It's at 7-8psi at 3000rpm def not to bad of a spool. it'll also depend on how big the turbo is 2. usually the higher the .ar the more power u can see up top but more time to spool and vise versa. So it'll depend on hw big the turbo it'self is to see what .ar should be used.

I just bought project Hooligan hot rod from the editor of MM&FF. The car went 10.60 at 125 best with a complete stock motor. Car made 450rwhp and 575 torq. He put in a 347 block and then cracked the motor. He was shooting for 9s on a stock block. came close went 10.30 at 133 then boom. 347 Was an untuned motor, which I am surprised He did that. Here are some pics http://www.cardomain.com/ride/405745
My plan as of right now is to put another stock 5.0 motor back in the car. and try to sell the 331 motor I just had built for another car.

It is a Hp turbo system. http://turbochargedpower.com/

Mark89coupe said:
What is .81 a/r.
What formula gets such a low boost?

This is where the reading comes in...turbomustangs has many write ups with everything a beginner needs to know.

Basically the turbine and compressor sides of the turbo are measured in terms of a a/r....unless its a holset which is cm^2 i believe but thats another story.

Anyway, what mainly controls spool is the turbine a/r which the guy listed above...a .81 will boost around the time when he wants it. Where as on twins, u would want about half that, or for a 351 or stroker, maybe a .96 a/r. THe bigger the number the longer it will take to spool. The smaller the quicker.

But the other thing to remember is that if u get a turbo with a really small a/r in a single application, sure it will probably boost off idle or REALLY low but it will die and choke the motor off by 4-4500 rpms. Thats no fun:( So you gotta size it right. Just go to turbomustangs.com and you will see what sizes you should run on which motor sizes etc and the corresponding spool times.