Turbo timer question i dont think this is tech

Night Shifter

Dec 24, 2005
Daytona
This might be a stupid idea so please tell me if i should do it or not.

I always let my car warm up for about 3-5 minutes(ish) when I start it and I do the same thing before i shut it off. Sometimes I'm in a hurry when i get to my destination and have to turn it off immidiatly which i hate to do. So could i buy a turbo timer even if i dont have turbos and set it for a certain time that way if im ever in a hurry i can just get out of the car and do my thing while the car kinda cools off?

Is this a stupid idea? I'm just trying to keep my car in the best shape possible ya know. With the new job I just got and the huge increase in pay I will soon actually be buying the HP Twin Turbo set up anyway so should i just go ahead with this idea?

• Sponsors (?)

Turbos need time to cool down because they run at hotter temperatures while the engine is running (like when yer driving around). An NA car will run HOTTER while sitting still because less air is being moved through the radiator (only the air being drawn in with the fans). There isn't anything to cool down that needs cooled down and sitting still like that idling is bad on gas, the environment, and perhaps your car if you let it get too hot. In other words, letting your car sit and idle to let it cool off after driving it might actually have the opposite effect lol. You could buy a fan controller I guess; most nicer new cars come equipped with them stock. I'm not exactly sure where you could go to find one, but I'm sure their out there. :shrug: