Twin Turbo Build Progress -pics-

• Sponsors (?)

Jeff7477 said:
You do realize you will get almost no power from the turbos in those locations don't you?

If we're gonna make negative comments in this thread we might as well call you the biggest ****ing moron in here. Why don't you enlighten us on your turbo intelligence and please explain to us in depth on why a remote rear set up will not work. I'll be waiting with great patience for this one.

Jeremy

Whell guys, just fired it up. Got the complete hot side done, and the oiling system done. Not the cold side yet. I just wanted to check for leaks.

As far as the sound, all i can say is OMG...its quite a bit quieter at idle than my 2ch flowmasters, but when you get on it, it sounds soooo good....in fact i thought i never would hear a better sounding exhaust than i had, but this sound MUCH better, almost like some magnaflows, like a baffle-less muffler sound, at idle and mid, but when she opens up, it gets LOUD!! to get it to spool, for fun, it put it in 4th, and held the brake slightly while it was running on the jackstands, and punched it, wow...amazing, it had instant spool, and was SOOO loud, the turbo spool sounded great. Anyhow, i just now have to finish up my cold side, where the 2 turbos split into one pipe, and install the 42lb injectors....but i cant wait!...anyhow, a bit later i will post pics

Another thing, the tilton oil pump is LOUD...and it cycles...i was thinking maby i would get some sort of a "dimmer" to slow it down, cause it seems it pumps faster than the oil feed anyway.

GreenMustangGt said:
Whell guys, just fired it up. Got the complete hot side done, and the oiling system done. Not the cold side yet. I just wanted to check for leaks.

As far as the sound, all i can say is OMG...its quite a bit quieter at idle than my 2ch flowmasters, but when you get on it, it sounds soooo good....in fact i thought i never would hear a better sounding exhaust than i had, but this sound MUCH better, almost like some magnaflows, like a baffle-less muffler sound, at idle and mid, but when she opens up, it gets LOUD!! to get it to spool, for fun, it put it in 4th, and held the brake slightly while it was running on the jackstands, and punched it, wow...amazing, it had instant spool, and was SOOO loud, the turbo spool sounded great. Anyhow, i just now have to finish up my cold side, where the 2 turbos split into one pipe, and install the 42lb injectors....but i cant wait!...anyhow, a bit later i will post pics

Another thing, the tilton oil pump is LOUD...and it cycles...i was thinking maby i would get some sort of a "dimmer" to slow it down, cause it seems it pumps faster than the oil feed anyway.

Thanks alot dips h i t....NOW I WON'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP TONIGHT!!! :nonono:
The fate of my world rests in your hands. :hail2:

ok here is where i am now. Like i said, all thats left is the cold side, and im ordering some more 1-3/4 + 2-1/2 j-bends tommorow. When its done, ill get the vid camera out!

Here is the system how it stands now, i completed the hot, the oil, and just need to finish the inlets and outlets on the cold

DSC01872.JPG

Here is the blue 2.5" tube from the intercooler...driver's side fender
View attachment 505365
View attachment 505367
View attachment 505369
This is the rear seat area....you can see the oil line, and the beginning of the inlet tube from the side vent(i also got my zenon side scoops today...lotsa room now)
DSC01867.JPG

View attachment 505373
Here are some random pics of the oiling system
Tilton pump mounted on the driver's side
DSC01873.JPG

Turbo oil dump with vent
View attachment 505377
oil press sender i re-located to the side of the oil pan
View attachment 505379

Thats about it for now....more progress when i recieve my j-bends

Attachments

• DSC01872.JPG
    DSC01872.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC01867.JPG
    DSC01867.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC01873.JPG
    DSC01873.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 71
Looking great man! This is deffinatly my favorite stangnet project. I cant wait to see the finished project. Using the side scoops as the air intake is such a badass idea.

Make sure u get it tuned asap after its done. Then to the track just in time for fall!

HA my neighbor came over. He was in his basement across the street and he said he heard my car spooling and that it sounded badass!! wow i was amazed that he could hear the thing from that far away...there damn loud though....sooo nice....i cant wait to put some load on the car, actually driving it to see where the boost comes in and how fast....it spools damn near instant up on jack-stands, i can rev it in neutral and it spools....so we'll see