Vacuum diagram for 69 351W

HowardV

May 29, 2004
I need to pass smog in CA for a specially constructed vehicle which has a 1969 Ford 351W motor. The BAR referee nailed me on not having a thermostatic air cleaner with the proper vacuum lines (I do have PCV).

This will not fit under my hood, so I'll have to remove the hood, install the air filter assembly, pass smog, and then remove the assembly and put the hood back on (I can't even believe they nailed me on that!)

I can't find any vacuum line diagrams for a 1969 351W engine - can anyone help??? Also, does anyone know of any place around Los Angeles to pick up one of these air filter assemblies for cheap?

Thanks for any help,

Howard

• Sponsors (?)

Hi PB, I have a replica AC Cobra with a 1969 351W engine. Since it was built in 2001, it has to be registered as a "specially constructed vehicle", and my emmissions must meet 1969 standards. I passed emmissions, but failed the visual inspection.

The BAR referee is the person who decides if I meet 1969 standards. He is the one who is hassling me for not having a themostatic air cleaner. So I just need a diagram of how the PCV vacuum lines were routed.

Thanks,

Howard