Ventura County

Well after a long week I finally am finished. Got my 3.73's in, welded the tubes, cleaned up the axle, FRPP diff cover, installed new MM lower control arms, and the slp line lock is in and it is fun, por 5.0 shifter, H&R sport springs. Its like a whole new car now. Getting some uppers soon to. Damn my list is growing, but the bank account is shrinking. Still waiting on the slp pullies been on back order for 3 weeks now. Heads and cams won't be till this fall. I'll put some pics up later after I shrink them down.

• Sponsors (?)

BADGT02 said:
Well after a long week I finally am finished. Got my 3.73's in, welded the tubes, cleaned up the axle, FRPP diff cover, installed new MM lower control arms, and the slp line lock is in and it is fun, por 5.0 shifter, H&R sport springs. Its like a whole new car now. Getting some uppers soon to. Damn my list is growing, but the bank account is shrinking. Still waiting on the slp pullies been on back order for 3 weeks now. Heads and cams won't be till this fall. I'll put some pics up later after I shrink them down.
HOLY CRAP DUSTIN!!!

You have been a mad man with teh mods bro. I'm going to be getting some new cams here in the next few weeks and thinking about ordering the cam tool. What's up with your cams!?!?! You guys about ready to make a day of it? Rusty, how's your schedule looking?

Blev said:
HOLY CRAP DUSTIN!!!

You have been a mad man with teh mods bro. I'm going to be getting some new cams here in the next few weeks and thinking about ordering the cam tool. What's up with your cams!?!?! You guys about ready to make a day of it? Rusty, how's your schedule looking?

Dustin is the man!! :worship:

Give me a call Tony when your ready for the cam install. I'll be there!

BADGT02 said:

Dustin that is awesome. Was that your first gear swap? Give up the details, inquiring minds want to know!

Rocketman said:
Did they do a good job, would you recommend them?
How do you like the H&R spings? How much was the drop?
From what i can tell they did, no whine and they feel solid. I like the H&R's, the ride is better then stock but not rigid or rough. It only droped about 1.5 from what I can tell. I forgot to measure before i did it. But it keps an even gap all around the tire.

Rocketman said:
Dustin, I'm back in town. Let me know if you need help with the pully install!
signwerd.gif
I'm down to help out. So who's first on the cam swap?

Blev said:
signwerd.gif
I'm down to help out. So who's first on the cam swap?

Tony, I think I saw your hand go up first!!!!!

I just picked up an Accufab 70MM TB and Plenum this afternoon. I will probably install it Saturday (7-10). If anyone is interested in first had knowledge of the install and setup, come on out to Simi. I'll be in the garage most of the morning. I also have an Odyssey PC680 dry cell battery to put in as well.

Rocketman said:

I just picked up an Accufab 70MM TB and Plenum this afternoon. I will probably install it Saturday (7-10). If anyone is interested in first had knowledge of the install and setup, come on out to Simi. I'll be in the garage most of the morning. I also have an Odyssey PC680 dry cell battery to put in as well.

I have a birthday party Friday night that may go into the wheeeee hours of the morning (lady friend) and may not be up til 12. Should things not go as planned, I'll be down to help you out. I'll give you a buzz.

I'm selling my cams and getting some heads. Should I get my heads and all the parts for the swap before you guys get cams I could use all the help I can get!! My hand is still up for helping on either one of your cam swaps.

P.S. Don't forget we need to get the "tool" for the swap.

P.S.S. So how was your vacation Rusty?

Rocketman said:

Where did you get it from? 7-10 am or pm? I'll see if I can come, gotta check with the BOSS. Haha. Have no clue when I am gonna get those pullies in, gotta call LMPerformance again tommorow. I'd get cams now but the problem is getting it tuned. And i wanna get LT's and the accufab setup first. I was thinking about getting a stroker or a big bore motor too. But the limiting factor is $$$.

BADGT02 said:
Where did you get it from? 7-10 am or pm? I'll see if I can come, gotta check with the BOSS. Haha. Have no clue when I am gonna get those pullies in, gotta call LMPerformance again tommorow. I'd get cams now but the problem is getting it tuned. And i wanna get LT's and the accufab setup first. I was thinking about getting a stroker or a big bore motor too. But the limiting factor is $$$.
Damn man....

Your car is going to be keeping up with Cobra's soon!!!

After my swap I was hoping to keep up with you, but at the rate your going your still gonna smoke me. Ha..Ha..Ha..

I think with the cams you won't need a tune yet. Your not messing with the A.F. too much so you should be fine. With the TB and Plenum plus LT's you I think you will though.

Will do the install Saturday morning. Probably start around 9ish. Got the setup at Accufab. They're located in Ontario by the Ontario airport. Its only about 40 miles from JPL (Pasadena). Ran out there on my lunch break. They have them in stock right there at the Accufab facility. Just called the office number on their web page. They said it would be ready in about an hour. It was $498 out the door for the 70MM TB and plenum.

I'm new here...

Hey Guys: Just joined this forum..I bought a Bullitt in March/04..Its all stock and I'll keep it that way. Also have a 68 Mustang thats runs and is a project..It has a 289 in it, but needs paint and interior work..I keep that at a storage unit off Victoria Ave..just thought I would say hi...

Frank T
2001 DHG # 4507 Bullitt
68 Mustang (project)
Tri-County Mustangs
Ventura CA

Pronkie said:
Hey Guys: Just joined this forum..I bought a Bullitt in March/04..Its all stock and I'll keep it that way. Also have a 68 Mustang thats runs and is a project..It has a 289 in it, but needs paint and interior work..I keep that at a storage unit off Victoria Ave..just that I would say hi...

Frank T
2001 DHG # 4507 Bullitt
68 Mustang (project)
Tri-County Mustangs
Ventura CA

Welcome to the Ventura County post. We use this post to keep all the locals up to date on what's happening in the local area.