Vert guys, top up or down when racing?

• Sponsors (?)

I ran 13.90 @ 100 and they didnt get on me for no bar in my vert, at IRP here in Indy... But they are a bit lax for street leagals it seems.

BUT THE TOP MUST BE UP AND WINDOWS TO.

Pull up to the staging lanes with your rollbar... and the top down. See how long it takes them to kick you out.

As far as that 10.99 or quicker, it probably means you need a 10pt roll cage in your vert instead of the 5pt

I became waware of the NHRA rule change too in the last couple of days. May get a chance to take the vert to the track some day after all. Big question is what degree of mods can you have and still be "stock". All you cna see on my car is the Explorer intake (but it has the stock 5.0 cover on it).

As far as drag is concerned, if you ever saw them do wind tunnel tests on any car barely any wind goes down over the windshield.....besides I have yet to see anyone race with the windows closed .....which if drag is a concern,would be more of a pocket then the top down.

artus70 said:
As far as drag is concerned, if you ever saw them do wind tunnel tests on any car barely any wind goes down over the windshield.....besides I have yet to see anyone race with the windows closed .....which if drag is a concern,would be more of a pocket then the top down.

I don't know what your smoking :shrug: but every track I've been to REQUIRES you to have your windows up or have a net.
And, if you have ever riden in the back seat of a convertible Mustang, you know all that wind that is blasting the back of your head? That is drag.

DarkMesa8 said:
Pull up to the staging lanes with your rollbar... and the top down. See how long it takes them to kick you out.

As far as that 10.99 or quicker, it probably means you need a 10pt roll cage in your vert instead of the 5pt

if you have the full cage, with the roof bars... you can run with the top down..
you need a 5 point cage for the vert at 13.99...unless it's stock.. or close enough to pass as stock :D

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
I forget where I found this, saved it cause it was pretty funny :D

post-3-1081213435.jpg

Attachments

• post-3-1081213435.jpg
    post-3-1081213435.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 54
I don't know what your smoking but every track I've been to REQUIRES you to have your windows up or have a net.And, if you have ever riden in the back seat of a convertible Mustang, you know all that wind that is blasting the back of your head? That is drag.

well truthfuly up until recently I had long hair and don't remember wind hitting me in the Back of the head....my hair usually blew over the trunk lid. Top up and windows open was different story...the wind would reflect off the inside back windshield and cause wind to hit me in the back of the head(hense my statement) as far as the rules of the tracks....the only track around here(NY) was the hamptons and I've run there with my father and his friends and none of them ever rolled up the windows or had nets mst of their cars didn't even have windows...some were taken out for weight some for welding the doors shut and some had fiberglass......but I wasn't even talking track in my statment ,I was refering only to drag coefficients since I actually never saw a vert at the track ever.....but I do know that alot of it depends on your Mods if they think your in the 13's then you need trans blanket...ect ect
But I can also assume CA. is probably more strict than any other state also, heck the emissions and smoking laws are ???